Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172741 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11865 on: June 11, 2017, 08:14:49 AM

I would love it for a squad based game, but meh solo.

If you get the itch to play PUBG, my squad is often a person short.  We're pretty bad... but it's still fun.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11866 on: June 11, 2017, 11:05:54 AM

Kicked up PoE and it's changed a lot since I last played and is actually kinda fun.  Looks like a wife and I one.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #11867 on: June 11, 2017, 11:51:57 AM

Does it feel good yet or does it still feel like the character and mobs never make contact?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11868 on: June 11, 2017, 01:13:56 PM

I don't personally like the melee, but the ranged chars are solid and the witch is fun.

But yeah, couple of times it's been like 'what's going on there' when you're swinging about yourself.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11869 on: June 11, 2017, 01:45:29 PM

Finally finished Spec Ops: The Line. I say finally because despite me only playing 6 hours, it's a bit of a chore. I am just finding that shooter-y/action-y type things like this don't hook me that much without other players to compete with/against. Scripted shooters just feel so much like the same kind of "tunnel" gameplay as FFXIII. I will say though that I stuck with it because I knew the story was supposed to get a big twist/weird but without that, I likely wouldn't have stuck with it. The story, however, is all sorts of subversive and meta in a great way. Too bad it's message is likely lost on 75% of the people who played it.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #11870 on: June 11, 2017, 04:38:54 PM

I dunno how people could have missed the message.  They cock slap you with it across the face during loading screens even.  There wasn't much room for ambiguity in that one.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11871 on: June 11, 2017, 07:07:19 PM

We're talking about dudebro shooter fans.  why so serious?

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #11872 on: June 14, 2017, 11:57:27 AM

Still with the Battlefield 1, wanted to play with a friend. The game on PS4 is just plain broken, technically and balance wise. The most telling thing is that about 30-50% of players in a match are usually snipers not trying to play objectives, and they're smart for doing that. It's one of those things that makes you feel gaming is regressing and why do I even play anything.

edit: I'm just gonna list some.

Randomized spawn locations are beyond fucked up, a large percentage of deaths is due to randomly being spawned next to an enemy.
Hit registration is iffy, it's common to empty a clip or melee a dude without effect. My fave was bayonetting someone and freezing on the spot because the game couldn't handle the kill animation not killing someone.
Tanks self repair and their cannon is the best sniper weapon in the game.
Most guns have RNG spread even on the first shot. So that stationary dude might not be hit by your rifle because the game decided the shot goes sideways out of the barrel.
Tanks and airplanes are dead quiet to players outside of them, even when moving. Footsteps are louder.
The game autobalances the same players over and over to the losing side, usually the bad ones. I have about 40% win rate because of this. I'm thinking I should quit and restart after every round to get around this.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:18:47 PM by jakonovski »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #11873 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:19 PM

Shitty BroShooter is shitty.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #11874 on: June 14, 2017, 12:47:40 PM

Yah, going back to Horizon for now. That game is so intriguing that I can't play too much or it'll be gone too soon.

edit: but look at this shit!

http://i.imgur.com/vwLRQRy.mp4
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:54:01 PM by jakonovski »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11875 on: June 14, 2017, 01:32:45 PM

Playing No Man's Sky until that 7 Days patch arrives.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11876 on: June 15, 2017, 01:28:10 AM

Yeah, Path of Exile has proved to be a LOT more sticky this time round.  Suffers from the usual ARPG of 'shit, I have no new skills I'm getting bored, whoa, new skills pew pew pew', but apart from that it's rather jolly.

I am a little disappointed at the loot thus far, but at least the gemming system allows me to take the shittiest loot and have it be interesting if it's socketed correctly.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11877 on: June 15, 2017, 07:17:45 AM

Playing No Man's Sky until that 7 Days patch arrives.
Yeah, hold off until it's out of the experimental branch. But it's pretty hairy with the new spawn system. Sets gamestage based on variables to ratchet things up faster than before (in most cases). I made the mistake of making some armor before firming up my newbie base, had a few rough day 3 hordes roll through.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #11878 on: June 15, 2017, 07:52:12 AM

Nearing 100 hours in Persona 5. I think I'm on the last dungeon this time. awesome, for real

Also playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the family. It's so much fun that they don't seem to mind me crushing them.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-Rasix
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #11879 on: June 15, 2017, 11:03:46 AM

Yeah, Path of Exile has proved to be a LOT more sticky this time round.  Suffers from the usual ARPG of 'shit, I have no new skills I'm getting bored, whoa, new skills pew pew pew', but apart from that it's rather jolly.

I am a little disappointed at the loot thus far, but at least the gemming system allows me to take the shittiest loot and have it be interesting if it's socketed correctly.

It's a massive update (3.0) in beta for PoE right now. Doing away with the "play three times through at additional difficulty" and going with 8 or 9 acts instead.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #11880 on: June 15, 2017, 11:22:50 AM

FFXIV is launching the new expansion in just under a day. It's probably the first time since WOW's Cataclysm (which was in 2010) that I'm actually looking to play an expansion right from the start (and I have the day off)  awesome, for real
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #11881 on: June 15, 2017, 04:58:22 PM

It's a massive update (3.0) in beta for PoE right now. Doing away with the "play three times through at additional difficulty" and going with 8 or 9 acts instead.

10 actually, an entirely new 5th act, and then acts 6-10 revisit the previous settings with new quests/content. It's a great idea because the endgame of PoE (running maps in the Atlas of Worlds) is pretty compelling, but sticking through three difficulty modes of the same content to get there takes some doing.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11882 on: June 15, 2017, 07:08:28 PM

Also playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the family. It's so much fun that they don't seem to mind me crushing them.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Congrats.  I consistently place 2nd behind my son, even with the large controller.  Well, most of the time.  Every now and then, the old man comes through.

I was happy to find that my Path of Exile item filters were still intact even after much time passing.  I don't know about the combat feel since I was playing the zookeeper.  Probably going to have to start some new characters when v3 finally gets here.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11883 on: June 16, 2017, 06:32:49 AM

Cool.

I demand more uniques.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11884 on: June 16, 2017, 09:34:34 AM

Best qualify that as "useful uniques".

Returned to Horizon because otherwise my wife will eventually spoil it for me.  Defeated the first rockbreaker last night after bumbling around and figuring out how to do it.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #11885 on: June 17, 2017, 09:11:03 AM

I was happy to find that my Path of Exile item filters were still intact even after much time passing.
Update them anyway. Some filters just show unrecognized items as equivalent to a wisdom scroll, or hide them entirely, so you'll be missing out on whatever fiddly collectible junk has been added in the recent leagues.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11886 on: June 17, 2017, 09:26:18 AM

7 Days to Die.

Spawn into an arid random map. Start frantically looking for a water source. Find 8 jars, no water. Eventually find a river as I'm losing wellness to thirst. Book it back to my newb house, realize I don't have a pot to boil water in.  Remember I saw a campground with a pot on the fire...can't find it again for the life of me. Start drinking the dirty water. Start shitting myself. No big deal, I think. I'll find that camp and be fine.

Can't find it, find another camp, no pot. See a town in the distance, kitchens often have pots...continue drinking dirty water to stave off thirst. Searching houses, no pots anywhere. No meds to heal diarrhea. Eventually get worse diarrhea, start furiously shitting and taking damage. Down to 1/3 health, find a pot! But no meds to cure my guts. Start booking back to my place so I can at least reduce the run back to my backpack. Die.

7/5 would die alone in the desert from shitting myself again.
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #11887 on: June 17, 2017, 11:29:29 AM

You always have the can from your starter chili to boil water.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11888 on: June 18, 2017, 05:26:34 AM

Best qualify that as "useful uniques".

Returned to Horizon because otherwise my wife will eventually spoil it for me.  Defeated the first rockbreaker last night after bumbling around and figuring out how to do it.

Legacy league updated and upgraded a lot of uniques. Still some useless ones, but a lot more useful ones though.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11889 on: June 18, 2017, 07:56:22 AM

Yep, totally forgot you could use cans without the cooking pot! Just got in the habit of scrapping them while scavving.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #11890 on: June 18, 2017, 10:29:53 AM

Yep, totally forgot you could use cans without the cooking pot! Just got in the habit of scrapping them while scavving.

My first game of 7 DtD ever had me drinking from a lake, getting dysentery, and slowly shitting myself to death while running from zombies.

I've been hooked ever since.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11891 on: June 21, 2017, 02:17:41 PM

I've been playing a lot of No Man's Sky.  Then I obtained the two previous Wolfensteins.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #11892 on: June 21, 2017, 02:29:44 PM

Finished Persona 5.  Took a while, but it's the best in the series, IMO. Just a stellar experience.

Started up the new Zelda on the son's Switch. Link sure has a fucking death wish in this one. It's so easy to die, as he has absolutely no self preservation instinct at all ("hey, I'll just casually stroll off this cliff, no prob guys". Also, thanks to the heart meter being on an transparent background, half of the time I can't see my health due to my red/green colorblindness. It's still neat and pretty fun, but it sure is a pain in the ass to actually play. 

Hang glider should help with the cliff issue, but I've never died this much, this easily in a Zelda game since 2.

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #11893 on: June 21, 2017, 04:48:02 PM

Finished Horizon. Probably the best game of the generation. Went back to the brick wall that is BF1. Tried the single player and was pretty much immediately asked to slaughter 50 enemy tanks coming in swarms.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11894 on: June 22, 2017, 04:18:46 AM

That's some pretty strong claim.

schild
Administrator

Reply #11895 on: June 22, 2017, 06:10:21 AM

Just to be clear, by generation you mean console generation and PS4/XBO/Wii U era, right?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #11896 on: June 22, 2017, 07:09:38 AM

Replaying The Witcher 3 because I needed to come down gradually from Persona 5.  Next game should be about 40-50 hours, then I think I can cleanly get back into casuals.

E: It's still bugging me how incredibly specific Gwent is to Geralt's adventures.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:13:11 AM by Phildo »
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #11897 on: June 22, 2017, 07:27:40 AM

FFXIV is launching the new expansion in just under a day. It's probably the first time since WOW's Cataclysm (which was in 2010) that I'm actually looking to play an expansion right from the start (and I have the day off)  awesome, for real

The early start had its problems (which might be somewhat explained by the server being a target of a DDOS-attack) but otherwise I've been having fun doing all the new content without any prior knowledge of the mechanics etc and I've even enjoyed the main story a lot more than any other MMO's.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #11898 on: June 22, 2017, 08:53:43 AM

That's some pretty strong claim.

It is. But all I know it's the first game in ages where I was actually moved by the story. In a game where I also felt excited by the gameplay mechanics.

Just to be clear, by generation you mean console generation and PS4/XBO/Wii U era, right?

Yeah. Bloodborne is up there too, but I haven't finished that one yet.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:55:29 AM by jakonovski »
schild
Administrator

Reply #11899 on: June 22, 2017, 09:02:14 AM

From everything I've heard about Horizon, I mean, it sounds like its in the running. I haven't played it yet though. I've played precisely fuckall on the PS4 tbh. Or any console.

Based on reviews though, I'm pretty sure when the dust settles Persona 5 is gonna get that spot.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: