Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Mapserver disconnects 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mapserver disconnects  (Read 2209 times)
rattran

Unreasonable

on: May 08, 2004, 08:01:47 PM

I'm playing (temporarily) on dialup, and noticing a lot of disco's in the more popular zones (AP, SC, KR) What are the experiences of people on Cable/DSL?

It's not enough to discourage me from the game, but if there's a lot of people in a small radius, or seemingly a lot of broadcast messages  my connection spikes and I disco.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 08:33:02 PM

I had one occurance of Faultline dorpping 30 some of its 40 player in one spike.  Other than that I've had no more than 2-3 noticable spikes, none of which have dropped me so far, though I'm on cable.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 10:30:33 PM

Got player names on?  Health bars on?

You'll probably have to turn off some of the channels.

I only experienced mapserver problems when they split the zone, I think, like Galaxy City into Galaxy City and 2, but I'm on cable, and more importantly I'm not playing on one of the most crowded servers ever.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Mapserver disconnects  
Jump to: