Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:34:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New BioWare PC RPG: Dragon Age 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New BioWare PC RPG: Dragon Age  (Read 1604 times)
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

on: May 08, 2004, 12:21:56 PM

I happened upon http://www.bioware.com/games/dragon_age/">this as I was surfing today.  BioWare will be showing off a new PC RPG based on a new world at E3.  Not many details about it yet, but BioWare is a company to watch, so I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Dragon Age

Quick Facts
Product: Dragon Age™
Publisher: Unsigned
Developer: BioWare Corp. ™
Format: PC
Game Type: Fantasy Roleplaying (single player and multi-player)
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
Availability: To Be Announced

ETA:  schild just pointed out to me that this was already on http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/05/08/0851230&mode=nested&tid=127&tid=186&tid=206&tid=209">slashdot.  I would have beat them to the punch had I not been driving my wife to the airport this morning, damnit.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 03:38:12 PM

Definitely hope we hear something about Dragon Age from E3 this year. I am curious now as to what type of RPG it will be. RPGs must be making a comeback (KoTOR?) for Bioware to be staking on two more.

Gamespot article on /. about game #2 Witcher:
CD Projekt Red Studio has stated that the game will include a cooperative mode of play in addition to a single-player mode, although no specific details are available at this time.

I think that Dragon Age will likely be similar, because the development cycle for something Massively Multiplayer would need to be much longer. The screenshots that /. has of Witcher aren't all that bad, but coming from a Polish developer might make translating the story and ideas difficult.

I would have beat them to the punch had I not been driving my wife to the airport this morning, damnit.

I appreciate you much more for being the courteous nurturing husband, seeing his wife off, than for being the obsessed fanboi gamer looking to be the onf shouting "F1RST@!!".

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New BioWare PC RPG: Dragon Age  
Jump to: