Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Forgive me if I do a little crowing..... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forgive me if I do a little crowing.....  (Read 2946 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: September 29, 2005, 05:50:42 PM

So,  just cracked my last booster in league play.  ANOTHER Verduran Enchantress, and not enough chantments to really use her.  Bah.

Picked up some decent red cards.

So, after switching to mono red,  my deck now has 3 x Lava Axe, 3 x Sandstone Warrior, Rathi Dragon and Flame Wave.  Bunch of other fairly decent red cards.

Landed a match against the current top player in the league and won 2-0. 

This league might not be the complete disaster I thought it would be....
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 01:52:20 AM

I've played in 3 leagues between 8th and 9th....

I never have any big bombs. Some alright cards, but nothing tha really says "I win."

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 02:14:01 PM

I like leagues a lot from a cost/game standpoint, plus the limited cardpool makes each one different.  But, theres also really potential to pull junk your first week and basically know you're not going to break .500 no matter what.  What generally ends up happening is the players with the best decks camp the league channel trying to catass their way to lots of tiebreaker points.  Wish they would limit that in some manner.

That being said, see if you can swing a draft a week.  If you manage to get out of the first round in 3 out of 4 drafts your basically paying for two drafts and playing 4.

BTW, it's friday and stuff.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 02:46:33 PM

It is Friday, we trying to get anything together tonight?  I'm not really going to have an easy time of finding a chance to play, friends are in from out of town again this weekend.  But if I can make it (and there is something to make it to) I will.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Xilren's Twin

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 03:03:42 PM

It is Friday, we trying to get anything together tonight?  I'm not really going to have an easy time of finding a chance to play, friends are in from out of town again this weekend.  But if I can make it (and there is something to make it to) I will.

Well, in recent past it more along the lines of seeing 2-5 people on at once and either jumping in a draft with them, playing some practice draft/league games or other assorted stuff.  We haven't had another private draft since the original.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Forgive me if I do a little crowing.....  
Jump to: