Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: A Gift of Hope. And Crystal Meth. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Gift of Hope. And Crystal Meth.  (Read 2467 times)
Evangolis
Contributor

on: September 28, 2005, 05:13:34 AM

I thought the version that I heard of this story seemed a bit too sweet when I heard it, but I put that down to my cyncical side.

Ashley Smith, the woman who says she persuaded suspected courthouse gunman Brian Nichols to release her by talking about her faith, discloses in a new book that she gave him methamphetamine during the hostage ordeal.

Mind, I can't really critisize her, if the armed madman wants drugs, give the armed madman drugs, although crystal meth wouldn't be my first choice.

And if the experience got her cleaned up, that is a very good thing.

But it still seems odd to me.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 09:26:28 AM

Odd is an extremely nice way to put it. I love how all the fundy types wanted to hail her as some kind of God's messenger. Ooops. God likes crystal meth too!

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 10:23:38 AM

She is exactly the fundie kind of poster child.  They'll lionize her, fly her all over the world to give speeches, and make sure she is never ever left alone with the children or invited to Sunday brunch with the Ladies.
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 10:28:46 AM

Odd is an extremely nice way to put it.

There is a real limit on how snarky I want to be about a woman who survived a night as the hostage of a muderous rapist in the midst of a crime spree, then managed to turn him in, and converted the whole experience into a door to personal recovery.  That is real high on the victimization, public service, and personal growth scales all at once.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 08:06:10 PM

She did a good thing by talking down a crazy man back into the rational world. Then she sold out by selling a book about it. It offends me more as a writer than a human being.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 08:52:38 AM

She did a good thing by talking down a crazy man back into the rational world. Then she sold out by selling a book about it. It offends me more as a writer than a human being.

You should read Pamela Anderson's book. That'll make you want to go on a stabby frenzy down publisher row.

Not that I've read it, I just heard Bea Arthur reading one of the bits at Pam's roast. Ugh.

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 10:55:29 AM

What?!  THE Bea Arthur?  THIS Bea Arthur?

My world view is quaking.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 10:57:33 AM by Pococurante »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 11:50:27 AM

Yes. Now imagine her reading really really shitty erotic fiction. A sex scene in said shitty erotic fiction. Written by Pamela Anderson, with so much obvious reference to Tommy Lee it was like watching that video in my head all over again. Except with Bea Arthur's voice providing the blow-by-blow as it were.

Parts of me are still shriveled.

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 11:58:26 AM

There is never enough steel wool in this showerstall.
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 09:43:30 AM

You should read Pamela Anderson's book.

I wanted to, but someone colored all the pictures before I could get to it.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 01:11:58 PM

Did someone say Bea Arthur?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 01:17:30 PM

When I looked for pictures of her yesterday I cam across bunch of her topless - looked like she was in her early twenties.

I so hope they were photoshoped.

/steelwool
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 01:18:42 PM

Thanks for not linking.  I get clicker's remorse.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: A Gift of Hope. And Crystal Meth.  
Jump to: