Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: The Humor Mill 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Humor Mill  (Read 17066 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 07, 2004, 01:42:35 PM

Anonymous

Email
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 01:46:16 PM

On a scale of 1 to 10, that rates in at GAAAAAAAAY.

Infinium Labs, utilizing corpspeak to further leverage synergy and maximize marketshare, benefitting shareholders and the consumer alike, since 2003!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 01:50:16 PM

The words "paradigm-shift" will never help sell a game console.

But it may do wonders for pyramid schemes, which I'm sure the booth at E3 will be funding by offering beta slots for $300 a pop.

Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 02:00:28 PM

It is just another in a long line of failed projects so he can spend his live living off the money of investors.  None of this is for the gamers to see.  just the potential invenstors.  More controversy means more people at the booth so they can show the investors in their photographs how popular their booth was, and how gamerz l0v3 teh ph4nt0m!1!!
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 02:11:15 PM

It's depressing that people think this scam is an actual game console.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 02:13:06 PM

Quote from: Fabricated

But, but but but I have an Atari Jaguar in the closet with all the games. If I can pick up a phantom for little to no money, I'll pick one up for nostalgia's sake.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 02:59:03 PM

Quote from: schild
Quote from: Fabricated

But, but but but I have an Atari Jaguar in the closet with all the games. If I can pick up a phantom for little to no money, I'll pick one up for nostalgia's sake.

I wish I kept my Bally.

http://www.geekcomix.com/vgh/second/bally.shtml

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 10:29:56 PM

Quote from: twcbinc - The Moderator of Doom
Appropriate Initiation Post
 Welcome Back! We are excited to re-launch our new Corporate *****. We have upgraded the software, brought the moderation in house and built in many features to add functionality and controls to the board.

We are excited to unviel the new service and know there will be much to discuss. We look forward to hearing your comments and questions.

This was a report written by an analyst. I think it is very appropriate to start off the new *****:

http://*****.*******.net/Console.htm

This is the first and only post on the Phantom forums at the moment. I went there to post the question; "what's it like to work for the most despised game company ever to exist?" Unfortunately I was unable to post as they have locked the forums until the 10th of May. However the above "Mad Lib" was there, so Uhmm...Let's fill it in and email it to the moderator with suggested modifications

1. Noun
2. Noun
3. Adjective
4. Company Name

Also, feel free to edit the letter as you see fit. Oh, and here are two of the categories in their forums if you are interested in seeing what kinda stupid shit they make public.

Quote from: Infinium Lab Forums
Infinium Lab - General Discussion
Employment
Investment

Makes me wonder if we're supposed to offer investments and resumes via their forums.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 10:36:53 PM

Oh and woo woo, they allow hot linking.

Quote from: Strongbad 20X6

I still won't buy your system to find out, fuckers.

EDIT:ed about 5 times. BBcode is uberhard.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 11:29:49 PM

Any minute now I'm expecting Preston from the Darkfall thread to come in here to start "answering everyone's questions" about the Phantom.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 11:46:51 PM

Mother of china, that is NOT funny.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 04:14:30 PM

Haemish said paradigm-shift.  

hehe...

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 02:51:51 PM

Is that "The phanton lives in New Jersey" lives?
or
"The Phantom live"? opps we added an S....

schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: May 12, 2004, 09:11:58 PM

sigh.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 07:14:16 AM

Ooooh!  Bowling!!  I'm not very good at it, I've only ever gotten a score of 23... but I have a shirt!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 07:41:24 AM

But do you have a mobile phone with which to bowl?

I'm really failing to understand how mobile phones are to be considered enough of a gaming vehicle or a money market to bother spending the money to advertise the games outside of the phone system itself.

Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 07:53:42 AM

I don't know.
My current mobile have higher resolution graphics, better sound and more ram, than my Commodore 64 and I bought a ton of games for that.
I also like the idea behind the N-gage, but the one on my desk right now, is unused for anything else than a portable radio because of the implementation of those ideas.

... no I didn't buy it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 08:52:06 AM

Selling ringtones, java games, screensavers, and background images for cell phones is currently a $2 billion dollar a year business.

The newer camera phones take 480x640 pictures. The Hitachi G1000 phone runs Pocket PC, has a 480x640 camera, always on internet, a QWERTY keyboard, and a SD slot (for a 512 meg SD card or a WiFi card). All the new phones (including the Hitachi) also have GPS built into them.

And we're at least 2 years behind Japan. The newest phones in Japan have dog translators built in. Maybe we're glad we're 2 years behind.

I wouldn't buy bowling for a cell phone but the masses might eat it up. Or the advertiser blew a wad on nothing.

---

Edit: Despite what you might think, Sky, I don't have any financial interest in cell phone crap, my cell phone only takes 120x90 pictures, and it doesn't support java games. Happy?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #18 on: May 13, 2004, 09:35:17 AM

At first when I saw the camera phone I was thinking, WOW that's the dumbest idea ever. Then, the more I thought about it, I realized that its a pain in the ass to carry around my digital camera, and I have my phone on me at all times. Granted, I still don't own one, but I at least accepted there was a good reason behind the device. The games however, are a different story. We scoff because as gamers we have numerous other more "enlightened" ways to get our fix. But to the unwashed masses of gaming, that's exactly what they want. Something stupid to waste their time on while they are waiting in line to check out their groceries. It's not aimed at us, its aimed at a bigger demographic, regular folk who don't know about resolutions or RAM or fps.

Why then, they would target the feature at a gaming site is well beyond me. We are only like to sit there and laugh at the pitifulness of the advertising when in fact we aren't even the market for their product. It must be really cheap is all I can think.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 10:20:33 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
But do you have a mobile phone with which to bowl?

No.  Just a shirt.  :(  Will I be kicked out of the league, now?

daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 13, 2004, 10:21:46 AM

Quote from: Paelos
At first when I saw the camera phone I was thinking, WOW that's the dumbest idea ever. Then, the more I thought about it, I realized that its a pain in the ass to carry around my digital camera, and I have my phone on me at all times.

Yeah, it's a good idea in theory.  The only problem is that the phone is a piece of shit, and the phone's memory can only hold something like 10-15 pictures (at least on mine).  I would have prefered to have no camera instead of a camera that just increases the cost of the phone without providing any major benefit.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 11:56:01 AM

Heh, that bowling game came as a demo version on my new phone.

I did end up buying Ms. Pac Man because the license never expires.  It's relatively fun to play on the train coming home from work and school.

In fact, most people who have the same phone as me, or one of the other, similar phones from Sprint, seem to have liked that bowling game enough to buy it.

These are also the people who think I'm nuts for playing games on my computer, and kinda snicker that I own a PS2 and an Xbox.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: May 13, 2004, 12:18:33 PM

Hmmm, the post had nothing to do with bowling or anything. It was just pointing out how goddamn awful UGLY the whole ad campaign was.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #23 on: May 13, 2004, 12:39:20 PM

Ah, well one of the ads was for a cell phone bowling game.

Without captions, we are left to free-associate.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: May 13, 2004, 12:40:16 PM

Yup. I blame myself.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: May 13, 2004, 02:42:34 PM

Quote from: schild
Hmmm, the post had nothing to do with bowling or anything. It was just pointing out how goddamn awful UGLY the whole ad campaign was.

Oh, sorry... I misunderstood.  I the sigh was you daydreaming about owning such a wonderful thing.  You can have my shirt as recompense for my blunder.

schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 07:37:54 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: December 02, 2004, 07:42:18 AM

Infinium immediately blasted SBI-USA's allegations as "frivolous, without merit and intended to interfere with Infinium's business and operations".

Reading the article further, it seems the plaintiff was meant to get a cut of any future financing that Infinium managed to secure.

"Tell you what, you give us $15 million for a product we'll never produce, and when we find some other sucker willing to put $30 million down our drain, we'll give you $18 million back. Sound good?"

"KEKKELA ^___^"

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 07:49:16 AM

Infinium is already embroiled in legal action with hardware-oriented website HardOCP. The threat of a further lawsuit and the prospect of a countersuit also comes at a time when the company's own Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) filings show how much cash it still needs - $22.2m - to raise if it's to meet its current launch date and the marketing programme that will support that launch.

Two lawsuits and  still $22.2m short on capital for release.  I'm no business major, but that doesn't sound good.  I wonder if it's too late to start marketing these things as coasters?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 09:58:28 AM

Quote from: HaemishM

Reading the article further, it seems the plaintiff was meant to get a cut of any future financing that Infinium managed to secure.

"Tell you what, you give us $15 million for a product we'll never produce, and when we find some other sucker willing to put $30 million down our drain, we'll give you $18 million back. Sound good?"

"KEKKELA ^___^"

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Not quite.

What they did was 'contracted' SBI USA to raise investment capital for them.  SBI USA decided to directly invest part of it, but as we know, Infinium needed a lot more.  Infinium said, "Okay, if you can get some of your investment contacts to throw in money, you'll get some of your investment back."  Like a finder's fee.  Infinium is saying, basically, that although they've raised investment capital since then, none of that was the result of SBI USA's actions or from sources SBI USA developed.  So, they're not eligible for a "cut".  SBI USA is probably just using this lawsuit as leverage to restructure their investment agreement with Infinium.

Bruce
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: The Humor Mill  
Jump to: