Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Slim and Compact 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slim and Compact  (Read 10183 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: March 18, 2004, 03:57:28 PM

So there's a new site, new direction and whatnot that's cool but what gets me is, do we need this many forums? what is general discussion for if not news of the day or talking about movies and such really. why even have gen disc if all it's going to be is "this site sucks" or "how boog lost his virginity" posts.  

my suggestion would be

1.front page comments.
2.multimedia(games,books,tv,movies all aspects including design)
3.general disc( taiwanese whores, what's new with you stupid people in enws etc)
4. politics(the volatile nature demands a diff forum)

anyway just a suggestion, as i see too many 'comunity' sites with 20 diff forums with maybe one new topic a day in each

EDIT: i will never take back my horrid spelling, Nevar!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 04:23:54 PM

Market tampons much?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Snowspinner
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 04:27:09 PM

This seems to only have one forum that WT didn't - mass media.

And it drops game development, but that was always a pretty underutilized forum.

Makes sense to me.

I will bellow like the thunder drum, invoke the storm of war
A twisting pillar spun of dust and blood up from the prairie floor
I will sweep the foe before me like a gale out on the snow
And the wind will long recount the story, reverence and glory, when I go
Dravalen
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 06:31:50 PM

Quote from: Snowspinner

And it drops game development, but that was always a pretty underutilized forum.

I dunno if I'm in the minority but I liked the Dev forums, even though I didn't participate that much I still enjoyed reading it.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 06:41:53 PM

Once posting gets back to normal, a game dev forum might be added, only because some future dev might take some insight from it.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 05:54:58 AM

Quote from: Joe
Once posting gets back to normal, a game dev forum might be added, only because some future dev might take some insight from it.

Assuming that the "red names" can actually log in without being able to see what they're typing into the username/password fields... Or that they will continue to post as much.  What exactly would be considered "normal" anyway?

I really was more upset that conversations that were already in progress were interrupted, which happened twice this week, with not only WT but The Morlocks as well. Are the two old "archives" at least still there or did you Pika! and make everything disappear like they did with the front page and forums?

Consolidation was something I always thought was a good thing, and still see various differing websites cobining as a positive thing. I sadly also know that no one site could contain all the personalities (ie "names" us old timers have been reading on forums for years), and exist together without having meltdowns and whatnot.

This combination and fear of change, is already creating dangerous meltdown quality threads, which is both promising and disturbing. I know the community will survive, even if some of it migrates to other places.

I also second what was said about reading the Dev forum although never joining in much. I definitely prefer gaming dicussion seperated PC and Console gaming, but only because of my not owning a console ATM.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 05:56:21 AM

I want to put my vote in for the Dev forum to return.

The reason it was underutilized was because it was a soapbox for reasonable intelligent contribution to the genre of MMOG's.  That has fallen out of style for too many I guess.  The current fad is to complain about everything, but offer no solutions, because, you know, thinking is HARD!  Ultimately people are taking their balls (take that how you want) and going home.

I would have posted there more often, but I couldn't login from work for some reason.  Oh, how I wanted to post.......
Anonymous

Email
Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 07:14:54 AM

I believe themorlocks db may be gone for good.  We are holding a suicide watch for EFP, as he mourns his postcount (16000+ IIRC.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Slim and Compact  
Jump to: