Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Synapse Task Force 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Synapse Task Force  (Read 2641 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: September 21, 2005, 10:23:55 AM

After my 7 hour experience with Positron's task force (ugh, that TF needs to be redone), last night I tried Synapse's Task Force with the clockwork.

Started with 7 people, 2 dropped after the second mission.  1 of the 5 left had not taken a travel power yet, and also had the worst connection I've ever seen in terms of lag.  The guy needed more RAM, I think.  So essentially we had 4 people.

Got to the Skyway missions, did the first one with Clockwork Lord.  Then hit a bug.  Said Mission Completed, we exited building, then it said Mission Failed, and Synapse wouldn't give me anything more.  GM said, log out and log back in, it will be fixed.  Group decided to meet today to finish it instead of trying for last night.

I like these task force missions, but it would be nice if there was some indication given at the beginning as to how many missions are involved, or how long the TF will take.  I think we spent 4 (5?) hours on it last night without finishing, and had few breaks (two, I think, no more than 5 minutes each).

/whine off
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:52:55 AM

There's a few places you can look for TF info:

The Player Guides section of the boards lists some player made guides for different TFs. Here's the guide for the Synapse TF.

You can also check out http://www.cityofheroesonline.com. It has a bunch of data but I'm not sure how up to date it is.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 12:32:20 PM

VidiotMaps is a great site for CoH stuffs.  Here is a nice Task Force chart.

Over and out.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 02:32:06 PM

That would be nice, actually.  Just in parenthesis when you talk to the TF NPC "(This Task Force is X missions long and is usually completed in X hours.)"

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 03:25:00 PM

VidiotMaps is a great site for CoH stuffs.  Here is a nice Task Force chart.

I use their in-game map mod and it helps a lot.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 05:37:55 PM

Turns out we were on the next to last mission when we got bugged.

Today, 4 of us finished the last mission.

Very cohesive task force.  I liked the storyline, and the last mission was cool.

Edited:  Hit send too fast, meant to say thanks for the links.  They are very helpful.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 07:28:48 PM

I like the Clockwork King.  He looks.. well, not "cool"... but... appropriate.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Synapse Task Force  
Jump to: