Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Another spec thread...Paladin ideas? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another spec thread...Paladin ideas?  (Read 2137 times)
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

on: September 15, 2005, 08:24:11 AM

Heya all, my son loves his new computer...makes mine look slow and old...

Anyway, I picked him up CoH and WoW, and we are having some fun playing together as duo's.  He is playing a warrior and I am playing a paladin.  I was thinking of going with:

Paladin Talents
Minimum Required Level: 20
Required Talent Points: 11
Holy Talents -  11 points

Spiritual Focus - rank 5/5

Illumination - rank 5/5

Divine Favor - rank 1/1

I'm clueless after that, I know I will be healing him, but getting argo and stunning mobs and players would help too.  I could spec out 31 in Holy, or at least get 21 in Retribution for the AoE that is supposed to be awesome argo getter, or I could improve my protection line.

Any help is appreciated.

Btw, my son is going with a pretty cookie cutter 31 arms/21 furry build...allthough he kinda likes the idea of using two weapons.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 06:45:09 PM

I'm clueless after that, I know I will be healing him, but getting argo and stunning mobs and players would help too.  I could spec out 31 in Holy, or at least get 21 in Retribution for the AoE that is supposed to be awesome argo getter, or I could improve my protection line.

As a pally the only way you can hold agro is if you have a long uninterrupted time on a mob to build it, as in off tank situations. Holding agro when any other dmg dealer is hitting the mob starting the same time as you is virtually impossible, even with the blessing that supposedly adds threat to your attacks. Some people have claimed good results with the judgement that adds threat to holy dmg and holy damage attacks but I've still yet to see a pally hold agro. They appear to have been specifically designed not to, hence they have 0 agro heals as well.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Another spec thread...Paladin ideas?  
Jump to: