Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: The Ark of Harclave 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Ark of Harclave  (Read 3570 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: September 05, 2005, 04:07:38 PM

This is the most fun I have had solo in EQ2.

You get to face groups of 6 or 7 heroic mobs. SOLO. Which under normal conditions would be death in about 5 seconds.

It takes place in splitpaw. I highly suggest doing it.

You have to listen to a story told by a gnoll, then the quest pops up. You go into a dungeon and light 8 braziers while fighting gnolls and then you visit Harclaves Ark. He then lends you some spirit and you become a killing machine.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:30:16 AM

This is the most fun I have had solo in EQ2.

You get to face groups of 6 or 7 heroic mobs. SOLO. Which under normal conditions would be death in about 5 seconds.

It takes place in splitpaw. I highly suggest doing it.

You have to listen to a story told by a gnoll, then the quest pops up. You go into a dungeon and light 8 braziers while fighting gnolls and then you visit Harclaves Ark. He then lends you some spirit and you become a killing machine.

I have done this on easy, medium and hard with my bezerker. Hard takes longer because even with the massive buffs 2 full groups at once will probably kill you. Adept 1s drop like candy but the equipment drops are pretty meh so far. Clearing the entire zone on hard earned me about 1/3 of level 36 in exp and took 96 minutes.

One can even skip the solo gnolls by using invis/sneak (totem of the chameleons ~1g on my server with 5 charges).

I have never played WoW.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 07:17:12 AM

I need to give it a try on medium and difficult, the candy drops, the great exp, the great story, I'm just wondering where the punishment is... (I mean this is SOE afterall). I should go back and copy the story of Harclave and edit my post because it was decently written. I'm a sucker for a good story and that is precisely what that quest is.

I also enjoyed doing the quest to destroy the gnoll supplies.

I think the best moment in that one was going invis and putting an explosive barrel right next to a gnoll instead of a supply chest and blowing him up for exp.

Then again, I just completed the hollows access quest so I know where the pain is.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 08:22:49 AM

I think the best moment in that one was going invis and putting an explosive barrel right next to a gnoll instead of a supply chest and blowing him up for exp.

Just be aware that blowing up a gnoll but NOT killing it should break your invis.

As far as nerfing Harclaves, there was a long thread about this on the forums with people complaining about how "easy" it is countered by others who think it is fun to do when there are no groups. SOE never commented about it. As far as I am concerned, if someone wants to level from 25 to 50 in Harclaves (4 hour timer) they are welcome to do that. They are also welcome to spoon out their own eyeballs.

I have never played WoW.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 09:00:16 AM

As far as nerfing Harclaves, there was a long thread about this on the forums with people complaining about how "easy" it is countered by others who think it is fun to do when there are no groups. SOE never commented about it. As far as I am concerned, if someone wants to level from 25 to 50 in Harclaves (4 hour timer) they are welcome to do that. They are also welcome to spoon out their own eyeballs.

I read that thread.  It's a typical example of a certain subset of board warriors who have thier 'idea' of the way a game should be played and campaign vociferously to bring anything unique or different back into muddy line.

In a strange way it's kind of like an extension of political correctness.  If something is admitted to be better in some aspect than another thing then that second thing is now inferior to the point of worthlessness regardless of it's own unique differences.  I think it's mostly borne of fear of change.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 10:11:44 AM

It is also pure EQ-itis for the people that get to the level cap first to bemoan anything that makes it easier for others to get there after them.

I have never played WoW.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 10:25:46 AM

It is kind of strange to play City of Heroes in EQ. I can see their point. But, if you want to keep doing that one mission, over and over again, more power to you. I might do it 2-4 more times, I figure I'll try it on difficult then hardest if I survive and probably repeat once again post 40 to see if loot changes.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 11:19:15 AM

When I do it on hardest, I get loot that will be red to me for at least 5 levels, sometimes as much as 8.

I have never played WoW.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 01:37:50 PM

Sounds like a min/maxers wet dream.  Is this thing repeatable?

"Me am play gods"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 02:21:17 PM

Every four hours from level 25 to level 50.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 03:22:35 PM

It is. Just to put some more color on it, after lighting the 8 torches and touching the Ark, the character is buffed with about 5k hps, insane hp and mana regen and a nice permanent damage shield. Lighting the torches is trivial with invis, otherwise one has to kill about 10 solo mobs. The solo mobs are -1 to +1 in level on easy difficulty.

I have done Harclaves three times (once on each difficulty setting) and I am probably done with it for good, although never say never.

I have never played WoW.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 11:11:58 AM

It was fun for about the first half, but at that point it was just so easy that it kind of got boring. But then, that's my reaction to most soloing. It's certainly a fun idea for a one shot. I can't imagine doing it more than once a character though.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: The Ark of Harclave  
Jump to: