Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:11:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: SOE statement on Katrina 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SOE statement on Katrina  (Read 3526 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: September 03, 2005, 04:12:11 PM

Update Notes : 9/02/2005 7:00 AM

Please Lend a Helping Hand in the Wake of Hurricane Katrina

Hurricane Katrina has left an incredible wake of destruction across the Mid-Atlantic States. Sony Online Entertainment would like to ask you to take a moment to make a donation to the American Red Cross in order to help alleviate some of the suffering.

In EverQuest II we have added the /donate command--type in /donate to be taken to the American Red Cross's Hurricane 2005 relief page. The American Red Cross will process your donation and make sure that it is put to maximum use to help those whose lives have been affected by the hurricane.

For our 13,000+ players in the affected areas, we will be suspending billing until such time as they are able to play again. In addition, any items or structures in any of our games that decay over time will be preserved until the user's next login.

Thank you in advance for your support and generosity.

The SOE Family

Wow - thats pretty darn nice of them

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 02:13:32 PM

Since when are Louisiana and Mississippi "Mid Atlantic States"?  I thought Mid-Atlantic was PA/NJ/MD etc. 

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 02:36:29 PM

Since when are Louisiana and Mississippi "Mid Atlantic States"?  I thought Mid-Atlantic was PA/NJ/MD etc. 

I did, too.  Now I'm confused.  I'm in NJ, so where am I?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 03:42:05 PM

In the shitter.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 03:48:16 PM

I googled and El Gallo is right.  I'm in a Mid-Atlantic shitter.

Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 08:22:32 PM

I have been wondering what region Texas is considered. We're not quite "South", and we're not really "Southwest".  South Central?

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 08:25:46 PM

Is "Hick Country" a valid designation?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 05:28:36 AM

Texas is huge.  I would say that part of it is South West and Part of it is South East.  There ya go.  Happy now?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 06:29:49 AM

I would consider El Paso to be a South West shitter.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 07:02:26 AM

I would consider El Paso to be a South West shitter drain.

FIFY.

Cross thread humor ftw.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 07:33:49 AM

Hilarious.

I stand corrected.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 07:46:41 AM

I have been wondering what region Texas is considered. We're not quite "South", and we're not really "Southwest".  South Central?

South Central is most technically and geographically accurate.

Culturally it's all over the map -- connected to Mexico, the Southwest, the Great Plains, the Deep South, the Gulf Coast.

After having lived here 20 years, I think Texans like to think of themselves as Texans first and foremost, and see Texas as its own region rather than part of any larger region.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 07:58:50 AM

After having lived here 20 years, I think Texans like to think of themselves as Texans first and foremost, and see Texas as its own region rather than part of any larger region.

This probably isn't the first time I've posted this, but..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: SOE statement on Katrina  
Jump to: