Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.  (Read 5208 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

on: September 02, 2005, 05:06:56 PM

Looks pretty good, and from the short trailer the combat looks like Morrowind's done right. Hopefully the devs will take their time to do some optimization and take full advantage of the Source engine. One thing weird I've noticed is that the screenshots from Pirates of the Burning Sea, Might and Magic, and the new SiN episodes look like AA was turned off. Weird.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 05:08:03 PM

Plus Starforce!
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 05:41:26 PM

Plus Starforce!

That's more like the Anti-Christ of Might and Magic, I think.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 06:42:14 PM

Never been a fan of FPS melee, especially if swords are involved. There's just so much I want to do with the blades, which I usually cannot do within the confines of the game engine.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 08:22:17 PM

Stupidest fucking name ever.

But I want to play it.  Makes me feel inadequate techincally (shitty comp).  And I like to be demeaned like that!

Some of my fondest gaming memories are from the M&M games.  Pity me.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 08:49:14 PM

I'm not playing it until steam can deliver it, starforce-free.  Fuck ubisoft.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 10:26:08 AM

I'd like to see a trend to better rpg games set in interactive worlds, not fps games with light rpg elements.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 02:39:30 PM

I'd like to see a trend to better rpg games set in interactive worlds, not fps games with light rpg elements.

You mean like Deus Ex and the System Shocks? I'm just saying. 9 out of every 10 PC Games sucks balls. Same goes for each genre. There's probably only been about 20-30 FPS RPGs made by developers who know how to make a game. I'd say the system is working pretty well.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 07:03:11 PM

Divine Divinity.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 07:41:06 PM

Divine Divinity.

Beyond the Beyond.

Legend of Legaia.

Alliteration is for assholes.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 09:41:00 PM

Divine Divinity takes the cake. That may be the only game that I've avoided specifically because of the name. There couldn't possibly be a good idea in the game itself if that's all they could come with for a title.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 01:58:21 AM

Tales of Legendia. The next tales series RPG. God what a stupid name.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 04:24:30 AM

Alliteration is for assholes.

Alliteration is great. Especially when writing headlines.
Just using two variants of the same word is really lousy alliteration.
World of Warcraft is o.k.
Wartorn World of Warlike Warriors is the usual gamemakers way of using alliteration. Did y'all see this (from QT3).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 08:08:30 AM

Divine Divinity takes the cake. That may be the only game that I've avoided specifically because of the name. There couldn't possibly be a good idea in the game itself if that's all they could come with for a title.

You avoided a good RPG then.  It may not be tops, but Divine Divinity did a better job, to me, of making a freeform world than Morrowind.  Probably because it's combat wasn't absolute ass.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 09:03:45 AM

Well, almost anything beats Morrowind.  :-D

I'll just pass and play GTA:SA instead (and tell myself it's an RPG). That's one of the best freeform games I've played to date.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 07:07:01 AM

I'll echo the positive comments on Divine Divinity, it's a good game. A bit too Diabloey for me, but I did play it aaaall the way through. Sacred is another decent isometric rpg, and Beyond Divinity is on the shelf for 'some day'.

Just wrapping up GTA:SA myself. I'm bummed that it'll be another few years before such a good game comes out (the next GTA game), the GTA series kicks major ass and is getting much better each iteration. Even my non-gaming girlfriend loves to watch me play that, she gets tired of just about everything else (excepting BF2, but too many smacktards). But overall, the most consistently fun game since Vice City, trumping VC on many levels.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 07:32:21 AM

The next GTA comes out in, like, one week.  Liberty City Stories on the PSP.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 07:35:24 AM

Kinda more like a month and a half. Ebgames lists as 10/24 and they tend to be on the overly optimistic side.

-Rasix
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 06, 2005, 07:36:32 AM

Goddammit. Sad Panda

EDIT: Although, I did happen to walk into EB games the day Dual Strike was scheduled for release, and the guy at the counter said it wasn't scheduled till sometime in september.  I thought about it for a second, then headed over to Target where it was proudly being displayed in their case.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 07:39:07 AM by ahoythematey »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 09:07:28 AM

Don't be smarmy. I meant for a real gaming system, like the htpc. I'm not sinking a few hundred bucks into a system for one game. Already have a gamecube.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 06, 2005, 09:12:35 AM

I wouldn't suggest it either, not until the promise PSP has shows up in more than one game every six months.  Still, it is another GTA.

Oh, and I wasn't attempting to be smarmy, but if it turned out that way, consider it a bonus.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 06, 2005, 11:47:13 AM

I'll admit I'd be tempted to get a PSP for that, too. I do love the GTA, and the PSP is pretty cool (psst more good games plzthx).

Bonus is I've never owned a playstation of any kind, so I do have some retreads to play on the PSP...after christmas at the earliest, though.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.  
Jump to: