Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH Nerfs People IRL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH Nerfs People IRL  (Read 2140 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: September 01, 2005, 10:20:17 AM

I was just reading the CoH boards and a couple of others, and it seems, people are complaining about the new sonic powers, especially shields.  The horrible looping sounds and animations associated with some of the sonic set are giving people headaches and causing eye strain. People are reporting that, in addition to the headaches, they are experiencing virtual motion sickness.  Some, who are epileptic or prone to migrains, feel they have no choice but to cancel.  Oh dear.  I have to say, it is very distracting and if I were the sort to play long stints like many, it could very well affect me physically.  So far iI've experience a bit of eye strain and a slight headachel, but I only played for about 30 minutes.  Who knows?  A couple of hours of it and Righ could have a sweet pay-off from the wrongful death suit he'll surely file.

Someone should call the police before I die or something.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:15:04 AM

I had to quit a game recently for the same reasons: Psychonauts. Great game. Loved it....Up until a certain level that turns everything upside down, sideways, and every direction except "normal". I just couldn't play it without feeling like I was going to puke. I'm talking serious nausea here.

Kind of strange, because I've played similar things in the past...Maybe not as extreme though. Or maybe I'm just getting old?
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:47:59 AM

I was just reading the CoH boards and a couple of others, and it seems, people are complaining about the new sonic powers, especially shields.  The horrible looping sounds and animations associated with some of the sonic set are giving people headaches and causing eye strain. People are reporting that, in addition to the headaches, they are experiencing virtual motion sickness.  Some, who are epileptic or prone to migrains, feel they have no choice but to cancel.  Oh dear.  I have to say, it is very distracting and if I were the sort to play long stints like many, it could very well affect me physically.  So far iI've experience a bit of eye strain and a slight headachel, but I only played for about 30 minutes.  Who knows?  A couple of hours of it and Righ could have a sweet pay-off from the wrongful death suit he'll surely file.

Someone should call the police before I die or something.

It's odd, seems to affect some people more than others.  My friend and I don't have problems with it, but his SO can't deal with it for long, and one of our guildmates said it really bothered her.  Admittedly, it's not a terribly interesting effect, so some change might be a good thing.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 12:26:24 PM

I'm not surprised.  It doesn't bother me, but as soon as I saw it appearing for just a frame or two every second, I knew it was going to give someone siezures.  I've got a friend who can't even play Guild Wars due to the bobbing camera, she immediately gets sick.  CoH wasn't much of a problem for her except in cave missions, but I think this'll really screw with her.  Too bad, too.  She just resubbed yesterday.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH Nerfs People IRL  
Jump to: