Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:13:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH Boards Thread Of The Unspecified Time Period 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH Boards Thread Of The Unspecified Time Period  (Read 3895 times)
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

on: August 30, 2005, 11:46:36 PM

CoH boards aren't as full of stupid as the WoW boards, so we can't expect a daily post, but this one just really stood out to me and I felt I HAD to share.

The thread is titled:
The best idea EVER

Allow players to create and transfer their characters to their OWN server.

Here's how this would work, the player can make his or her own server and can choose to remove anything he or she doesn't like about the game. If you want you can make all the archetypes the same as they were in beta but still have aliens. I myself would remove the Hollows from my server.

You can't add anything but you can remove or change something back to the way is wa in a previous update.

I would actully pay to have my own server without all the nerfs. I don't what I have to do or how much it would cost but I want this option, and I bet there's alot of other people who would like this too.

If you want to create your own server please post in here. We'll fill this topic up really fast I'm sure.

I wouldn't even care if there wasn't anyone on my server because I could change my toons to the time they were strongest and pick a time when villians were weakest.

Near as I can tell, he is totally serious.

A good response, I thought, was:
Rather than say anything discouraging, all I ask is if this works out, perhaps you can do the same thing with my local cable television provider? I'd really like my own television station that would only broadcast the shows I want to see, when I want to see them, with all the nudity, violence & profanity I want. Please let me know if you can arrange this.

Thanks!

EDIT:
Oh god, I read further.  Scroll down to his additional replies.  He is DEAD SERIOUS.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 11:43:58 AM

So, he's lobbying for a single player MMO?

Brilliant.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 12:07:02 PM

I saw that post!  The guy seemed so sincere, too, and hurt when people criticised him.  Poor old goatanus... I felt sort of sorry for him.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 02:38:57 PM

SPROING!!!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 02:51:25 PM

What does blue mean?  Tottering on the edge of sanity?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 03:03:28 PM

Sounds about right.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 03:58:59 PM

So basically, he wants to play by himself, and wants the game to be as easy and one-sided as possible?

What a shocker.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 03:34:28 AM

Civil rights 4tw.

Quote from: Original Poster
What you're saying to me is this is a stupid idea and it's never going to happen. The fact is the only thing that makes an idea like this stupid are people who don't openly suport it. Martain Luther King's dream would have been a stupid idea too if there wasn't thousands of black people suporting him. Bit of a stretch in comparison but he's the only person I can think of right now.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 05:21:19 AM

Civil rights 4tw.

Quote from: Original Poster
What you're saying to me is this is a stupid idea and it's never going to happen. The fact is the only thing that makes an idea like this stupid are people who don't openly suport it. Martain Luther King's dream would have been a stupid idea too if there wasn't thousands of black people suporting him. Bit of a stretch in comparison but he's the only person I can think of right now.

Now if he can get Rev. Al Sharpton to post, maybe that'll convince someone.  8/

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 08:58:43 PM

Wow....

Just....wow....

He equated someone not agreeing with his hair-brained personal-server idea with Racism.

What a winner.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 06:01:05 AM

That and worse, he's saying is that MLK's civil rights movement had no inherent moral value.  Of course, he doesn't realize he's saying that, so its more a sin of stupidity than anything else.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Llava
Contributor

Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 11:43:27 AM

Quote from: Hando
Quote from: A reasonable person
Quote from: Hando
An idea is never bad or good.
Bad Ideas:
Eugenics
Letting the horse into Troy
Trusting Brutus
Vietnam
Letting the assault ban run out

Good Ideas:
Money
Small Pox Vaccine
Pennicilin
Getting rid of Eugenics

Bad Ideas:

Letting the horse into Troy That wasn't voted on by a group of people, that was the stupid guy at the gate who's upsessed with large wooden animals.

Vietnam That's a country and a war... that took place in the country.

Good Ideas:

Money that's not good, if the guy who thought of currancy was still alive I'd kill him.

Small Pox Vaccine I'd rather have the Small Pox.

Pennicilin This is a great Idea, except for the side effects.

All drugs have side effects that in turn make you take more drugs and some drugs can't be used with other drugs and the nurse is too lazy to read the lables for the old woman who can barly see the bottle.

So very retarded.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 11:56:02 AM

The guy must be a zombie.  How else can you be brain dead and post on the internet at the same time?

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 02:28:47 PM

What the fuck is UPSESSED?

Llava
Contributor

Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 02:31:49 PM

Hooray for fonetic speling!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH Boards Thread Of The Unspecified Time Period  
Jump to: