Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Mystical Patch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mystical Patch  (Read 7043 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: May 05, 2004, 11:28:47 AM

Anyone have a link to this patch they have planned for the end of the month?

I keep hearing clothing shops and respec whispers, but I cant find jack from the devs.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 11:51:58 AM

If that kind of content can be added relatively bug free by the end of the month, someone better start looking for the other signs of the apocalypse...
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 02:00:31 PM

Quote from: Furiously
Anyone have a link to this patch they have planned for the end of the month?

I keep hearing clothing shops and respec whispers, but I cant find jack from the devs.

It was from the Gaffer beta report #4 a few weeks back.  Even though you can find the link under archived news on the main CoH site, the old forums are gone so you can't see it.  However, here is part of it...

Opening Up New Levels of Gameplay - At launch, the levels will be "capped" at 40, but not too long after our update we'll start opening up the higher level content for levels 40-50, with new Enhancements, missions, story-arcs, and more.

New Areas - There have been rumors flying around recently about the mysterious Portal Corporation and the top secret "Project Looking Glass" - this is something that will have a big impact for both the game background and gameplay. In addition, a Rikti base ship has been brought down, and heroes are needed to explore the site.

New Villain Groups - The mysterious Malta Group, the macabre Carnival of Shadows, and the immensely powerful Praetorians have appeared on the scene!

New Trials - These are the repeatable, epic tasks that groups of heroes can undertake for a special reward.

Tailor - Players gain the ability to change their costume for an Influence cost - and, there will be more to this system…

Mission Interactivity - One of the most-often heard issues we had from our early testers was a desire to do "more" in the missions - and we have listened. A number of new features are coming to make new, cool things to make your missions unique. One example for the 5th Column - if heroes are defeated in some bases, they'll wake up in a cell instead of a comfy hospital! The hero will need to knockdown the cell door, overcome the guards and find his way back to his teammates. Plus, you never know what kind of allies you can make in the 5th Column jails…and that's just a tease of several features we'll be adding into the mission sets, and will continue to add after the update.

I had posted that on another site so i knew where to find it. :)

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 05:05:20 PM

One example for the 5th Column - if heroes are defeated in some bases, they'll wake up in a cell instead of a comfy hospital! The hero will need to knockdown the cell door, overcome the guards and find his way back to his teammates. Plus, you never know what kind of allies you can make in the 5th Column jails…and that's just a tease of several features we'll be adding into the mission sets, and will continue to add after the update.

Wow, I'm impressed. And the good thing is that this game is already a big success: Hopefully more MMO's will start copying the idea of actually including "gameplay".

Maybe the trick after all this wasted time was getting some console developers to do the job?

My only complaint so far: Since they've done their best at providing "immersiveness" and all that, they shouldn't make the cops such pussies. Would be cool to see some assistance from them, even if it was ineffectual. Also, having them say things, like "rumors" and such, would be cool.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 05:35:35 PM

For the record, I was pretty sure they said these features would be in "within a couple months after release", not at the end of the first month.   Eh, but who can say what the reality will be?

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 09:04:31 AM

If they pull that off in their first patch, I'd say they've shamed every other game company out there with the possible exception of Blizzard.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 09:34:57 AM

Well, as I have stated before, since they have had such a stable release, and most if not all classes seem to be very well balanced, these guys can hopefully add new content right off the bat, rather than spend three months balancing and hotfixing, ect.  I have hope that they will be able to add more content quickly because of this.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 09:50:07 AM

Meh you just want more shit to try and kill me with.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 09:51:33 AM

They need to throw up a hotfix.  There's already a power leveling exploit that's making the rounds.

-Rasix
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 10:21:36 AM

Really? You mean there are folks that have to exploit to level and not like have fun? boggle.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 10:24:27 AM

Quote from: DarkDryad
Really? You mean there are folks that have to exploit to level and not like have fun? boggle.

Yeah I hate those guys..

So like just for references sake and stuff.. whats the exploit?  I mean I'd never use it, I'm just like curious to know what it is just so like I never end up accidently using it without knowing.. yeah that's it..

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 10:35:15 AM

Quote from: Rasix
They need to throw up a hotfix.  There's already a power leveling exploit that's making the rounds.

What, they think that if they're the first to hit 40 they get a lollypop?
Rasix

Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 10:51:44 AM

Errr, without going into specifics because I don't believe in the whole Twister mantra. It's being used for high level characters power leveling lowbies and not through legit means.

It won't win anyone the race to teh ub4r and thus I don't consider it a threat to the game. Something they should take care of because it's an obvious exploit, but not the end of the world.  

If you want specifics, PM me. I won't post it on the board.

-Rasix
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #13 on: May 06, 2004, 11:06:11 AM

It isn't hover sniping or repopulating instanced missions, is it?  Those are actually considered entirely legit by the devs, according to their posts back in beta.

Rasix

Reply #14 on: May 06, 2004, 11:10:24 AM

Nope.

-Rasix
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 06, 2004, 11:16:13 AM

Is it having the newbs loot the "bodybags" for big exp while invis?? and doing the mission over and over and over again?

Rasix

Reply #16 on: May 06, 2004, 11:18:38 AM

Nope, although I suppose that'd work somewhat.  This one is clearly a bug in the system, not working the system for all it's worth.

-Rasix
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #17 on: May 06, 2004, 11:18:51 AM

Quote from: Rasix

If you want specifics, PM me. I won't post it on the board.

Heh, I was just joking, thanks for not posting it on the board.  I hate it when people post exploits.. :)

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 12:14:55 PM

Especially in a game that's got questionable high end material. Why race to get to the end? I'm savoring the journey. Let 'em exploit, who cares? They are only robbing themselves of the fun that is the normal gameplay imo.
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 06, 2004, 01:43:06 PM

Ha! Rasix, I'll race you to level 10!

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Rasix

Reply #20 on: May 06, 2004, 01:55:43 PM

Already there! HAH.

Really though, I can't pick a character to play.  I've got a level 10, 8, 7, and 5 now. (getting to level 5 takes like less than 2 hours). 2 blasters (fire/fire, energy/dev), one defender (rad/rad) and one tanker.  (making new characters is just too fun) My latest, is "More Cowbell" (brown tights with white spots, horns, tail, hillarity), an invuln/stone tanker who is already hosed because my only missions available are those killing stuff that aren't found anywhere his level (5, kill Lost or 5th column.. gg).

And yah, about the exploit. It doesn't bother me at all. It's just an obviously broken mechanic that they should likely fix. And it's just for lowbies, which the sidekick system takes care of nicely anyhow.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #21 on: May 06, 2004, 03:01:56 PM

Blaster fire/devices 14; Tanker fire/ice 9; scrapper dark/regen 8; scrapper claw/dark 8; scrapper katana/regen 6; defender emp/illusion

I understand your feeling man.

And ya, 1-5 takes like an hour, and 5-6 takes like 1/2 so less than 2hours.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #22 on: May 06, 2004, 04:00:06 PM

IIRC, Rasix, I heard that the issue you're referring to is being fixed.

Check your  PM and let me know if what I'm thinkin of is what you're talking about.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 06, 2004, 05:46:48 PM

Well I aparently just suck / don't sidekick enough.

I blame the French.

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 07, 2004, 02:17:22 AM

I'm kind of stalled at 13.  I haven't had much time to play this week, but my current missions are all a little too tough for me to solo, and just grinding out the remaining 7 bubbles of XP I need on even con minions in Steel Canyon is causing post-traumatic DAOC flashbooks to when I spent six months gritting my teeth and soloing my pariah-class ranger to 50.

Maybe this weekend I can stay up late and catch some of you Americans online.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #25 on: May 07, 2004, 02:34:34 AM

Yea, despite the XP curve change between 11 and 14 they still arn't pleasant.  Try grouping with random strangers in Perez or Boomtown - thats what I did for the last portion of 15 in Faultline when I didn't have any completable missions.  The team seek option works well in CoH, though weather it will wane as people spread out in levels remains to be seen.

Or post your play times so we can log on and group with you.  I know I could use a partner for two tough missions I have.   I mean, this is what guilds are for, right?

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 07, 2004, 05:23:05 AM

Quote from: Alrindel
I'm kind of stalled at 13.  I haven't had much time to play this week, but my current missions are all a little too tough for me to solo, and just grinding out the remaining 7 bubbles of XP I need on even con minions in Steel Canyon is causing post-traumatic DAOC flashbooks to when I spent six months gritting my teeth and soloing my pariah-class ranger to 50.

I haven't had time to play this week either, Alrindel so I should be around some this weekend. If I can catch you online, I'll team up with ya and we can bust through those tougher missions that you have.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: May 07, 2004, 09:58:28 AM

Quote from: Alrindel

Alternatively- you could get up early and catch some of us Left Coasters near the end of our play time. Look me up if you do- I am only 10th level, but would be happy to give you a hand with your missions (I am an experienced sidekick =P )

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: May 07, 2004, 01:58:45 PM

I generally play during the day, EDT, on weekdays, Alrindel, so I'm generally on when the UK/Euro's are playing.  This way I'm all set for nights when we move back to the UK!  I've not been on much this past week but when I'm on, I'll team with you!  I have no pride! ;p

Only Signe (level 16) is in the supergroup but I have various characters with different levels.  Here's my list so far:

Errata- 11
Glass-Cannon- 9
Frau Zerstorung- 5

And my new favourite:  HerzoginGenozid- just a wee 3, but totally uber.

Anyway... I'll be playing evenings over the weekend so give me a shout and I can log any of those on.  I might go on TS this weekend, too, if people are really, really nicer to me.  I'm sensitive, you know.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: May 07, 2004, 02:01:05 PM

Teamspeak is not for the weak.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Mystical Patch  
Jump to: