Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Do they ever stop drinking? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do they ever stop drinking?  (Read 859 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: August 30, 2005, 12:00:15 PM

Quote from: Post-Gazette
DUI suspect showed up drunk at hearing, police say

Tuesday, August 30, 2005
By Rebekah Scott, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Word to the wise: If you ever have to go to a hearing on a drunk driving charge, don't go drunk.

And if you're picking up your buddy at his DUI hearing, don't drink beforehand.

This advice comes too late to help two Westmoreland County men who appeared at District Judge Mark Mansour's Hempfield office Friday morning.

State police said Hunker resident Homer O. Barnhart, who is accused of drunken driving, evidently fortified himself in advance for his court appearance. "He basically showed up at court visibly intoxicated," Trooper Kirk Reese reported. So the trooper arrested him again, this time for public drunkenness.

Meantime, Thomas E. Stairs of Hunker showed up in Barnhart's car to drive him home.

Stairs, troopers say, was drunk too. He was arrested and charged with drunken driving, driving carelessly and driving while under a DUI-related license suspension.

Both men will appear again before Mansour for hearings on the new charges.

Bold mine.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 04:45:01 PM

They're over achievers.
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 10:29:48 PM

I went a decade without being sober, myself.  It just becomes your normal state.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Do they ever stop drinking?  
Jump to: