Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:49:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: BREAKING NEWS - OFFICIAL BOARD STARS REMOVED! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS - OFFICIAL BOARD STARS REMOVED!  (Read 2160 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: August 30, 2005, 09:58:39 AM

Statesman's star rating dropped to 3 stars (probably because of I5)... I'm hardly surprised stars were nerfed.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 10:01:00 AM

That's absolutly hilarious.  Thanks. Rock Out

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 10:01:27 AM

Statesman's star rating dropped to 3 stars (probably because of I5)... I'm hardly surprised stars were nerfed.

Hahahaha.  This made my day.  Thank you Signe.  You are once again in my good graces.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 07:18:59 AM

Stars are useless, but it is damn petty to pull them now.

I have never played WoW.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 07:03:11 PM

Stars are useless, but it is damn petty to pull them now.

I am pissed about her flippant comments concerning the stars issue. It's a small thing, but it just seemed like she was taunting us and that the developers did not like the lack of popularity and whined to her to take away the stars.

I still like her, but she lost points.
Aw thanks yall -

I wasn't trying to be flippant about the stars - I was trying to be funny with a Katamari parody post - but I guess some people didn't get it.

The real reason behind the stars leaving?

I think most have noticed by now that the majority of forum goers are for the change - I have had many, many requests for their removal and finally got approval to make them go away.

They caused all sorts of grief with people PMing me about one-star bandits "griefing" their star rating - plus the threads that were about nothing but giving each other stars. The rating system was just useless for the most part and only caused questions and problems in what I call "Forum PvP."

The devs have never said anything to me about stars.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 12:19:27 AM

Damn.  Forum PvP was the only PvP I was getting, too.   :-(

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: BREAKING NEWS - OFFICIAL BOARD STARS REMOVED!  
Jump to: