Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:51:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: "He's crushing his testicles in tight trousers for world peace." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "He's crushing his testicles in tight trousers for world peace."  (Read 2864 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: August 30, 2005, 08:40:44 AM

Quote from: WENN
John Lydon says was not asked to do Live 8

Aug 29, 2005, 12:56 GMT        

John Lydon has accused Sir Bob Geldof of using the Sex Pistols to promote Live 8, because he announced the legendary punk band would be appearing at the global fundraiser last month ( July 05).

Lydon - formerly known as Johnny Rotten - thinks Geldof decided to tell the press The Sex Pistols would be playing the poverty awareness concert to publicise it. The Anarchy In The UK band didn't play at the charity event.

Lydon says, "Our names were touted around. And it looks like we turned it down. But the truth is I wasn't asked.

"I don't know what shock value he was trying to get by mentioning us. But I'm glad. It was a very shoddy and weak production anyway.

"And there weren't enough black faces in the show for my liking.

"I don't think it achieved anything. I think Sir Bob is too self-serving. I don't like this attitude of trying to guilt us into doing something. That's the terror tactics of the Nazi party."

And Geldof isn't the only outspoken charity campaigner who Lydon is angry with.

He adds, "Bono, Sting and Bob have formed this ridiculous blessed trilogy - stop preaching, please.

"Every time I see Bono in those big fly glasses and tight leather pants I just can't hack it. I can't see that as solving the world's problems.

"He's crushing his testicles in tight trousers for world peace."
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 08:44:57 AM

"I don't think it achieved anything. I think Sir Bob is too self-serving. I don't like this attitude of trying to guilt us into doing something. That's the terror tactics of the Nazi party.

I hear blitzkrieg is German for 'guilt trip'.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 08:47:19 AM

"...the terror tactics of the Nazi party."

I thought punkers were supposed to be semi-intelligent. Did I miss the part at Live8 where Galdof gassed millions of people because the Sex Pistols didn't perform?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 08:53:44 AM

Rotten's an idiot, but the line about Bono's pants was pretty funny.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:04:22 AM

Lydon is a talentless douche.

Way to reform the band in the 90s to cash in. Very punk.

I guess it beats sweeping floors or whatever he did during the 80s.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 09:08:06 AM

He was douchebag in the 70's too. The Sex Pistols were everything that became wrong with Punk.

As for the 80's, PiL is best thing he ever did. I've gotta give him credit for that at least. It was far from sweeping floors.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 10:38:46 AM

Why didn't Geldoff just use Pink Floyd?

I think Johnny Lydon is funny.

The Foreskins were way better than the Sex Pistols, but no one ever made a movie about them.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 01:26:09 PM

Lydon is a talentless douche.

Way to reform the band in the 90s to cash in. Very punk.

I guess it beats sweeping floors or whatever he did during the 80s.

He married a rich German heiress, so I guess he had people sweeping his floors. I agree about the douche part, but I don't think it was the money... I just thibk it was an old man wanting to feel that he mattered again.

I went to one of their concerts for curiosity sakes. Was a bit late and by the time I arrived Johnny boy had been hit by a bottle from the audience and walked of the stage in a huff. Wanker.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: "He's crushing his testicles in tight trousers for world peace."  
Jump to: