Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: It's all fun and games until the FBI surround the building. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's all fun and games until the FBI surround the building.  (Read 844 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: August 30, 2005, 08:32:59 AM

Quote from: AP
Police: Man Tells 13-Year-Old To Give Bank Teller Holdup Note As Joke

POSTED: 6:17 am EDT August 30, 2005

SAVANNAH, Ga. -- A Savannah man was arrested after he told a 13-year-old girl to hand a note to a bank teller threatening a holdup, police said.

Michael Lyons, 45, told police that he and a group of girls celebrating his daughter's birthday were trying to play a practical joke. The note said "Give me all of your money, this is a stick up," according to a police report.

While Lyons was getting money out of an ATM on Friday, the girl went into the bank and handed the note to a teller.

The teller sounded the bank's alarm and police and FBI surrounded the building searching for suspected burglars.

Instead, they found Lyons and the group of girls.

Lyons was charged with criminal attempt of robbery by intimidation, said Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police spokesman Bucky Burnsed.

"You can't yell fire in a crowded theater, can't joke about a bomb in your luggage at the airport, and you can't write notes to cashier that say 'This is a stick up,'" Burnsed said.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 05:04:59 AM

"You can't yell fire in a crowded theater
It's "falsely yell" dangit!

Sorry my inner rules lawyer creeps out occasionally.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 06:22:05 AM

Well, if we want to get technical, you can do all those things. You'll just get into trouble if caught.

r00ls law ++
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: It's all fun and games until the FBI surround the building.  
Jump to: