Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1 million of you are keeping Blizzard in money hats. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1 million of you are keeping Blizzard in money hats.  (Read 80508 times)
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: September 21, 2005, 02:41:55 PM

Something not mentioned in this thread (mentioned elsewhere on other occassions) is that WoW has PvP done right.  This is another thing I HATED about SWG board warrioring, the PvEers would go absolutely berserk if you would suggest anything like WoW's PvP system- if there was ONE item in the game that only PvPers could get all hell would break loose and you are a griefer and a pk for suggesting it.

I love the ranking system (especially with the "maintain rank for the purpose of buying items" patch).  I love battlegrounds.  Most of all, I love 1v1 pvp.  People tell me that I'm supposed to get pwnt hard 1v1 with my mage, but I enjoy honing my skills against every class of 60 in random encounters.  Engineering adds such a fun wrinkle to it.  I found out today that although my world enlarger stops working when I attack someone, I can attack someone and THEN put it on.  I would poly someone (which detargets you) and then activate it.  I found that I got an extra split second before I was charged after the poly broke when doing this, as during the wildly revolving camera during sheep phase I think I was harder to target and some could not target me until the first spell hit and/or they didn't see where I went after the poly.  It got me a second at most, but that can be crucial.  People don't give pvp enough credit in WoW.  Its more balanced than any pvp I've ever played before (a few exceptions, like Wrath Hunters and the entire shaman class) and fun. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #316 on: September 21, 2005, 04:11:56 PM

I think your views on WoW pvp are even more batshit insane then your views on politics.  WoW's pvp "system" works on pve servers for pve players.  Its complete bullshit for anyone who cares more about player vrs player interaction then catass uber raiding and dkp point systems...

Oh and no I will not show you on the doll where WoW pvp touched me, fucking carebears.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: September 21, 2005, 06:04:08 PM

I think your views on WoW pvp are even more batshit insane then your views on politics.  WoW's pvp "system" works on pve servers for pve players.  Its complete bullshit for anyone who cares more about player vrs player interaction then catass uber raiding and dkp point systems...

Oh and no I will not show you on the doll where WoW pvp touched me, fucking carebears.

paladin?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: September 21, 2005, 08:22:04 PM

Lacking direct experience with the WoW endgame, I thought it best to remove my response.

Carry on... nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 09:25:13 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Zane0
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: September 21, 2005, 08:28:07 PM

WoW PvP is alright.  This comes from a pure PvE player who never really PvP'd in an MMO before due to imbalance / inaccessibility. 
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: September 21, 2005, 09:41:54 PM

WoW pvp sucks. I had access to level 60s of every class too. My original char was a shaman, so you know how that goes.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #321 on: September 21, 2005, 10:30:41 PM

WoW's PVP would be kind of fun on one of the new PvP-RP servers provided there was a way to communicate with the other faction. For now it's just someone emoting and spewing out "ARAH ER UGH PAK CHOOIE UNF" before ganking you and spitting on your corpse 100 times.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: September 22, 2005, 05:36:59 AM

I don't like black licorice.  Because it is Not Cheesecake.  People who eat black licorice must be dumb to eat something that is Not Cheesecake.

rolleyes
WayAbvPar

Reply #323 on: September 22, 2005, 10:10:31 AM

I don't like black licorice.  Because it is Not Cheesecake.  People who eat black licorice must be dumb to eat something that is Not Cheesecake.

rolleyes

I can't fault the logic. Cheesecake is dreamy, while black licorice is mined straight from Satan's anus.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #324 on: September 22, 2005, 01:00:37 PM

straight from Satan's anus
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #325 on: September 22, 2005, 02:06:34 PM

I haven't played much, but afaik, WoW PvP is fucked (on the PvP servers at least). Mixmatched zones just puts me in a position to get ganked by higher levels. Not really my definition of "fun" or "competitive". Ganking and getting gang raped is NOT "PvP".

When it does work though (that is, when opposing Alliance or Horde in any given zone are roughly equal level), I think it's great. As far as the combat itself goes, I'm having a good time so far.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #326 on: September 22, 2005, 03:53:45 PM

That's not Satan's anus. Even Satan's afraid of that particular browneye...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
glennshin
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: February 10, 2006, 12:05:38 PM

Ideally I'd like to see the best players be those able to understand the depth of the game rather than those that can devote the most time to it. Though it's often tough to make those two traits independant. I'd also like to see mental reflexes triumph over twitch... but that's more of a personal bias. - Nebu

Just a thought, I feel that Mental Reflexes are absolutely REQUIRED to triumph in twitch gaming. The good fighting games allow YOU to inject your personality into your playstyle/fighting style. You can tell at a glance HOW experienced your opponent is based on how he fights. Sadly, I don't believe that our bandwith connections will ever be fast enough that an MMO could have someting EVEN remotely as deep as games like Sould Calibur etc.

The Wow Fighting game mechanic is pretty fun. In fact its really the only reason I still play. I never farmed or grinded to get to the next lvl. I just enjoyed how the fighting system in this MMO was much faster paced that previous ones. The introduction of Battlegrounds made the only thing I liked, into a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE grind (pvp). Since I never had time to raid MC/onyxia, I never got decent gear. and its hard to compete w/ all purple'd out opponents, since this game is only very slightly skill based. BUT the fact that I was in mostly green gear AND could still woop on many 60's when i was still in mid 50's was fun enough.

Too bad there not much real pvp going on...
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #328 on: February 10, 2006, 12:23:33 PM

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #329 on: February 10, 2006, 12:41:51 PM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1 million of you are keeping Blizzard in money hats.  
Jump to: