Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: ATTN: Those who do not play EQ2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTN: Those who do not play EQ2  (Read 3592 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: August 29, 2005, 01:58:30 PM

For those that want to hop on the gravy train and play Everquest 2 there are now 2 promotions going.  One is for players who had an account that was cancelled before July 8th, the other is for new accounts.  Either gives you a free week.  Come on, what do you have to lose?

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/promotions/winback/index.vm

Also you can get the full version from Wal Mart for a mere $20.  We are currently located on Steamfont, the more the merrier! 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 02:51:05 PM

The first hit is free.

As an angry launch era canceller, I am actually enjoying the game quite a bit as a casual player.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 03:01:40 PM

I'm enjoying my 21 days of free play. I'm trying to reconcile the hatred of SOEbay vs. the fun.

Taking out 3 linked yellows with Hurt or 6 linked with a 19 brawler is a kick in the pants. (my updated spells are what allow it, no snub at you hurt - we were kicking arse). They really have improved the solo'ability.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 04:48:45 PM

But then I'd have to start over, when I already have a sexy 27 Brigand on one of the servers.

And I start my final semester on Thursday. Booooo.... evil

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 05:30:28 PM

But then I'd have to start over, when I already have a sexy 27 Brigand on one of the servers.

And I start my final semester on Thursday. Booooo.... evil
For 50 bucks they'll transfer it...

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=faq&message.id=20#M20

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 05:33:08 PM

Hehe... I mostly keep away from the "X company is evil" threads... but they really are evil. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 08:02:45 PM

Hehe... I mostly keep away from the "X company is evil" threads... but they really are evil. 

Bullshit.  They offered to move our ENTIRE guild, for FREE.  Man do you know how much it costs them to move a single character?  Its amazing they are that kind.

Oh wait, I just noticed it was to the new "Buy Stuff Through SOE" server.

Fuck you Sony.  You ARE evil.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Abel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 12:23:58 AM

I would like to try it out, but I'm kinda afraid that the game will be a slide show on my computer. I only have like 512 Mb of RAM  :-( ... *snif*
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 06:07:12 AM

I would like to try it out, but I'm kinda afraid that the game will be a slide show on my computer. I only have like 512 Mb of RAM  :-( ... *snif*

512 is not normally a slide show.  It is, however, tediously slow to load zones and can be a slide show if you set it to anything other than high-performance or spend a lot of time in zones like Qeynos Harbor where there are a lot of NPC's and PC's on the sceen at one time.  Any of the adventure zones seemed ok though when I was using 512 with high-performance settings.

My personal opinion was that 512 was borderline simply due to the load times and the choppiness in the city.  Other people seem to handle it just fine.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: ATTN: Those who do not play EQ2  
Jump to: