Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Instance 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Instance  (Read 6137 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: August 29, 2005, 11:35:47 AM

Any interest in running an instance of Foul Wind or Fyre Valley or whatever it's called. Should be fun for a group of around 16-22s?

schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 11:36:30 AM

Oh man a foul wind sucked. I need to get back into this game, but i'm only about 50% through unpacking my shit.  Sad Panda
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 11:37:07 AM

Any interest in running an instance of Foul Wind or Fyre Valley or whatever it's called. Should be fun for a group of around 16-22s?

Sure, Ill join ya.  I will not be on until 11pm EST tonight though.  Estimated time?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 11:46:58 AM

I'm planning on playing tonight, so I should be around and would certainly be game.  Other things that need doing are seeking revenge against the Rat Queen, and I wouldn't mind spending some time questing in Stormhold.

I haven't done either of the things you suggested, so it all sounds good to me.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 11:49:26 AM

I'm planning on playing tonight, so I should be around and would certainly be game.  Other things that need doing are seeking revenge against the Rat Queen, and I wouldn't mind spending some time questing in Stormhold.

I haven't done either of the things you suggested, so it all sounds good to me.

Stormhold is awesome.  I slunk around it for a few hours over a couple days; we definitely need a group for it.  What is this Rat Queen that you speak of, and is she single?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 11:58:33 AM

I thought YOU were the Rat Queen.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 12:03:43 PM

Stormhold might be more fun then Foul Wind.  Also I have a city writ there...

Speaking of writs, I recall everyone wants to get them from the same group. Have we thought about who to support?

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 12:11:11 PM

Stormhold is awesome.  I slunk around it for a few hours over a couple days; we definitely need a group for it.  What is this Rat Queen that you speak of, and is she single?

She's a 20^^ down in Vermin Snye that Murgos, Schild and I, and you I think, tried to kill one time for a quest (Sepulcher of Jhanda?).  And failed miserably.  We were 15-18 at the time, and didn't even make it to her lair before getting wiped by aggro.  We can at least avoid most of the trash this time, being 20-22 and all.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 12:16:40 PM

Ah, yea, we did lose there. Goddamnit I want to get back to playing this game.

/weep.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 01:02:23 PM

Ahhh I remember now.  Yes.  THE BITCH MUST DIE!

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 01:20:05 PM

She's a 20^^ down in Vermin Snye that Murgos, Schild and I, and you I think, tried to kill one time for a quest (Sepulcher of Jhanda?).  And failed miserably.  We were 15-18 at the time, and didn't even make it to her lair before getting wiped by aggro.  We can at least avoid most of the trash this time, being 20-22 and all.

I was there.  She is surrounded by a quintet at least of 20th level rats also.  Stab her in her fucking shiney eyes.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 01:41:17 PM

Forget Foul Wind, but do try Firemyst Gully. For the latter, one person needs to have completed the access quest (not difficult, just some legwork.) Once inside, talk to the dwarfs and start killing undead. There is a fun boss mob at the end that is incredibly hard if you don't do what you are supposed to do. An average group level >22 will grey out the boss. I recommend no one over 22 with some high-teens sprinkled in. Quest reward loot is very good and the exp for clearing the zone is very good. Takes about 90-120 minutes depending on how thorough you are.

To clarify, both Foul Wind and FMG take place in FMG. However, one doesn't need the access quest for Foul Wind.

I have never played WoW.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 05:33:03 PM

I have the FMG access quest done, however Teucer is 23 and I don't stay on after 11 EST on weekdays.

Edit:  NM about the level, I forgot I can mentor down.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 05:36:55 PM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 10:03:14 AM

I am, I think, almost done with the access quest?  Soon as I figure out where Darkpaw Rune Casters are, I'll get another step closer.

Re: Last night.  Screw you guys!  Seriously though, I had fun in my most extended action in a while.  Did the Shattered Vale instance, which was disappointing in that there weren't actually any quests there, but I did figure out the bit with the Mages, not that it was difficult, and had a fun "boss fight".  Sadly, some of the blue jewelry I got as a result were upgrades, and about 50% of a level in just under 2 hours is nothing to sneeze at, considering it was mostly green^ and blue^.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 10:11:34 AM

I couldn't get on last night due to IRL issues.  I will be on tonight.  Do you kids wanna get together and do something?

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 10:19:53 AM

I got 2 levels fighting spiders in BB...

Yea - now a catass Mystic.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 11:26:24 AM

I couldn't get on last night due to IRL issues.  I will be on tonight.  Do you kids wanna get together and do something?
Depends on our average level.  There is another level below Vermin's Snye that has level 25ish solo and group mobs which would be good for a group around 22 - 23 and then there is Stormhold (where I have several quests to do) which has lots of 20-22^^ and ^^^ mobs which I think would be good if for a slightly lower group.

I'm sure there is good stuff in Steppes but I don't know where it is.

I would also like to take a shot at the Windstalker Rumbler which is a lvl 20^^^(X2) mob hidden in antonica but is reportadley not as hard as it sounds and is easy to get too.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 11:29:59 AM

I would also like to take a shot at the Windstalker Rumbler which is a lvl 20^^^(X2) mob hidden in antonica but is reportadley not as hard as it sounds and is easy to get too.

I'm down for that as well.  Can't remember exactly where I got the quest, but somewhere in Windstalker Village, obviously, for anyone else who is interested.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 12:02:27 PM

Depends on our average level.  There is another level below Vermin's Snye that has level 25ish solo and group mobs which would be good for a group around 22 - 23 and then there is Stormhold (where I have several quests to do) which has lots of 20-22^^ and ^^^ mobs which I think would be good if for a slightly lower group.

I'm sure there is good stuff in Steppes but I don't know where it is.

Oh - yea - killed the Rumbler last night with a raid. Then some dumbass forgot to mentor themselves down so no one in the raid got credit.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 12:42:21 PM

I'm down for that as well.  Can't remember exactly where I got the quest, but somewhere in Windstalker Village, obviously, for anyone else who is interested.
I accidentally stumbled across that rumbler doing the tour of Antonica quest, everything else was gray so I was being careless and almost ran right into this giant insect that would have crushed me.  That was also the same day I ran into the ^^^x2 drakota named Anguis[sp?] while killing undead.  I think those are both raid targets so we would need two groups though.  I'm up for whatever.

Speaking of instances is anyone thinking about buying the Splitpaw Saga?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 03:10:54 PM

I've heard of people doing the rumbler with a four man group but I don't know what thier levels or gear were like.  I also would like to kill that drakota even though I don't have a quest for him, I know where he is supposed to spawn but I've never seen him up.  There is also a level 28ish dungeon around there which I have two quests for.

I am thinking of splitpaw but frankly I've got plenty to do and haven't felt any pressing need (29 quests in Steppes alone!).  The add-on is good for any level character so maybe in the 30's or low 40's content will thin out and make it more worth while?  If everyone wants to do it though, I am game, it's only a few bucks and the word of mouth is that there is some really fun stuff in it.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: August 30, 2005, 03:13:25 PM

It was like four bucks or sommat.  I burn dollar bills for fun!  (and to remove trace evidence)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 12:30:10 AM

I kind of wish I could jump in with you guys. I would even roll an enchanter, just to change things up.

Unfortunately, I know most of you will not be playing in about a month, I have little money, and I start classes on Thursday.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 07:02:26 AM

I kind of wish I could jump in with you guys. I would even roll an enchanter, just to change things up.

Unfortunately, I know most of you will not be playing in about a month, I have little money, and I start classes on Thursday.

20 Dollars for a month of play.  Thats pretty cheap, and you will have an account for future use.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #24 on: August 31, 2005, 07:07:17 AM

I have about $100 to my name until October. Going to Europe, Flying to Florida, and not working for 4 months will do that.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005, 07:16:36 AM

The SP Saga = $7.99 I believe. D'Morte was $4.99. D'Morte is a better story, but SP has some really novel stuff.

I have never played WoW.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005, 08:09:07 AM

Well - at least we will be predictable. I am already finding myself playing my monk on AB a bit more as my Mystics solo'ing ability continues to decline.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Instance  
Jump to: