Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: A themed supergroup idea... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A themed supergroup idea...  (Read 3384 times)
Daeven
Terracotta Army

on: May 05, 2004, 07:23:04 AM

My ‘main’ character Clotho on Victory has received a number of tells or requests to ‘put in a good word with Atropos’. This has given me an idea: a themed Supergroup, Aspects of Fate. Entry requirements, be named along the lines of Greek or Roman mythology, with the suggestion of a magically derived power source.

Main goal, destruction of the undead Valizokhov.

Who would be interested in such a thing (also as an alternative to the science themed ‘anti-hero’ group now forming)?

Also may make a good comeptitive group depending on how 'City of Villains' plays out. 8)

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 07:37:05 AM

I picked 5th column for the themed group because everyone says they love to fight them nazis. I would have picked whatever group the concensus said they loved to fight. I'm up for any themed supergroup though, I like having a diverse range of characters.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 10:36:55 AM

I actually formed a SG w/ a real life bud of mine called:

M.A.D.A.S.S

Minorities Against Discrimination Among SuperheroS

We're having a blast.  Robots, women, and our darker skinned cousins all welcome.  Evil Nazi-Image bastards not.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 11:12:43 AM

Quote from: Daeven
My ‘main’ character Clotho on Victory has received a number of tells or requests to ‘put in a good word with Atropos’. This has given me an idea: a themed Supergroup, Aspects of Fate. Entry requirements, be named along the lines of Greek or Roman mythology, with the suggestion of a magically derived power source.

Main goal, destruction of the undead Valizokhov.

Who would be interested in such a thing (also as an alternative to the science themed ‘anti-hero’ group now forming)?

Also may make a good comeptitive group depending on how 'City of Villains' plays out. 8)

Even just a Greek/Roman overall them (Gods, heroes, etc) would be fun.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 11:17:00 AM

That could work as well.

Achilles, Hera or Mars anyone?

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 11:24:38 AM

Heracles, Theseus...there are a ton of cool ideas. Might have to tinker with character creation when I have some spare time =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 11:51:01 AM

Better get those names posthaste. I was working on some ideas for a couple norsemen and ended up making The Almighty Odin because Odin and Woden were taken.

We could also make a joke guild based on trademarked characters if Cryptic is going to let those fly.

I get a perverse pleasure out of my newest creation.....Captain A-Hole, modelled after Captain America. I find it incredibly rich how so many people turn into a-holes around him. I don't play him like an A-Hole, but everyone assumes I do.

Well, I do try to stay in character with him...

"Citizens of Paragon City!"
(people stop to listen)
"You all suck."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: A themed supergroup idea...  
Jump to: