Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:49:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Keybinds? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keybinds?  (Read 2085 times)
Glazius
Terracotta Army

on: August 26, 2005, 06:40:06 AM

Just wondering how people have their keybinds set up, if anyone's done it at all.

For me, I have tab and tilde to target villains and heroes, with shift-tab/tilde and control-tab/tilde to scroll between them.

I have the various chat channels bound to control-letter. L for local, T for team, B for broadcast, R for request, S for supergroup, and A for 'active tab'.

R is autorun. J is autojump, "++up", for my superjumpers and when I want to grab some sky with fliers.

The only powers I activate with the top row of numbers are location AoEs. Press number with left hand, mouse click with right hand, done. This includes teleport, since click-to-teleport binds can run into some trouble if you click in an area too crowded to port into. As a result I usually only show one icon bar at a time, and I keep it full of everything that I want to see the recharge on. Attack powers and long-duration toggles, mostly.

Most of my playing is done with the chorded numpad.

Numpad0 - 9 are my main attack powers. 0 is Brawl for most characters, Taunt for tanks, but all offensive pool powers, blaster primary/offensive secondary, defender secondary, controller primary, scrapper primary, and tanker secondary attacks go on 0 through 9.

Control-numpad 1 through 9 are my support powers. Blaster secondary control, controller secondary, defender primary, scrapper secondary, tanker primary.

Movement powers I bind to divide, multiply, and subtract. Subtract is Sprint, everything else depends.

Alt-numpad 1 through 6 are activation of inspirations. Alt-1 activates my weakest respite, alt-2 my weakest catch breath, 3 for enrage, 4 for insight, 5 for luck, 6 for break free. Awakens I activate manually.

Shift-numpad 1 through 9 (which only works with numlock off for some reason) is for charge-limited or long-duration temporary powers.

It's a pretty idiosyncratic little system but it works fairly well to let me quickly activate stuff, since I move around with WASD.

--GF
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:03:51 AM

I pretty much remap everything.  I have 1-0 as my main aggressive combat tray, f1-f10 as my secondary tray, and the numpad for my third tray, with mostly junk in it.  Shift/numpad for my inspirations.  Targetting is ` for next enemy, tab for closest, ctrl/` for furthest, etc.  I have shift and ctrl programmed in my mouse so everything is pretty easy to get to.   Chat is the only thing I don't much bother with as I rarely talk to anyone outside my team or SG, unless I feel like causing angst in gamers I don't know. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 05:17:18 AM

I don't change a lot from the default bindings. I have shift+right-mouse bound to toggle mouselook (I mostly play using the mouse to steer/look), Q for autorun, E for travel power toggle, V for travel secondary (combat jump/hover), R for target nearest enemy. If I'm playing a character with targetted location powers I bind the most frequently used one to shift+left-mouse. Oh, and L bound to ++up.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Keybinds?  
Jump to: