Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:24:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Various WoW tidbits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Various WoW tidbits  (Read 2189 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: August 25, 2005, 02:57:05 PM

Quote from: Shane Dabiri
What's happening with Hero Classes? What can you tell us about these, what can we expect to see here?

Shane Dabiri: We can tell you that Hero classes are at the top of our priority list and we've already begun work on them. However, there really isn't anything concrete we can say at this time except that they are a priority for us and we'll reveal more when the time is right.

I'm going to suggest that the WoW expansion that will be revealed at BlizzCon will contain Hero Classes.

Shane Dabiri: Our focus in PvP is on making the Battlegrounds the focal point for player-versus-player conflict. PvP is a big part of the game, and having Battlegrounds dedicated exclusively to PvP gameplay lets us create really interesting scenarios that we otherwise couldn't do. Normal zones aren't well suited to the type of back-and-forth battles for control that we see in Battlegrounds. If you want to battle the Horde of Alliance for supremacy of a zone, we recommend you hop down to Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch, or (in a few weeks) Arathi Basin.

In other words, stop killing quest givers!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 04:55:04 PM

.... or (in a few weeks) Arathi Basin....

So, patch not till after Labor Day.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 05:27:56 PM

.... or (in a few weeks) Arathi Basin....

So, patch not till after Labor Day.

That's good news and bad news.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 12:39:53 AM

Shane Dabiri: Our focus in PvP is on making the Battlegrounds the focal point for player-versus-player conflict. PvP is a big part of the game, and having Battlegrounds dedicated exclusively to PvP gameplay lets us create really interesting scenarios that we otherwise couldn't do. Normal zones aren't well suited to the type of back-and-forth battles for control that we see in Battlegrounds. If you want to battle the Horde of Alliance for supremacy of a zone, we recommend you hop down to Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch, or (in a few weeks) Arathi Basin.

I really hope they are talking about PVE servers. I feel forced in to the bland and "safe" battlegrounds already. If they start implementing more rules like dishonor to stop people PVPing in the "normal" world. Fuck them.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 04:21:07 AM

I really hope they are talking about PVE servers. I feel forced in to the bland and "safe" battlegrounds already. If they start implementing more rules like dishonor to stop people PVPing in the "normal" world. Fuck them.

Nah, the response feels like he's addressing all the people who keep saying "Take out Dishonor, Bring back Town raids!"  I don't think they'll ever completly remove PvP 'out in the world' by such rules, because then there's no point in having PvP realms at all.  If they were going to go that route they would have done it at launch.

I agree with the Hero classes, Shockeye. Of course that's been the popular sentiment for a while now.  I just hope they leave out the Heros from WC3.  It's already bad enough on the forums with people whining, "<my class> should be Demon Hunters!" "NO! that's stupid, <my class> should be they're closer!"  I can't imagine what it will be like when the restrictions are actualy published.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Various WoW tidbits  
Jump to: