Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:04:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Question about power pools 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about power pools  (Read 3168 times)
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

on: May 04, 2004, 11:19:06 AM

So I managed to get my wife hooked on CoH (no, I have no clue how it happened). She just got her blaster to level 6 and could pick a power pool power. She wants to be able to fly so I told her that she should pick up Hover first.

She leaves at voicemail for me here at work saying that she got to level 6, selected the Flying power pool and picked Hover.  This took her back to her main power screen which shows her primary, secondary, and now her Flying powers. Unfortunately she got confused at this point, thought she could pick another power, selected Ball Lightning, and accepted her choice. Now she no longer has Hover.

At level 8, can she go back in and pick Hover? Or is she fubared until level 14?
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 11:43:01 AM

Quote from: ClydeJr
At level 8, can she go back in and pick Hover?

You can pick any appropriately leveled power from any power pool after level 6.  So yes, she can take hover at level 8.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 11:45:34 AM

Did the same.  You can take hover at 12 and fly at 14 if you want.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 12:05:35 PM

I actually waited on Hover with my Blaster. I took Hasten at 6 and then Hover at 8 or 10.

If you want to can pick a power pool power at 6, 8, 10, and 12. You just can pick a third teir pool untill 14.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 12:44:43 PM

Hehehe oops I did that once in beta. With the new power pool unlocking method she does not need to worry at all just grab hover at 8. Heck you could wait till 12 to grab hover and still be able to get flight at 14 now.

Depending on my build and what unlocks it is not uncommon for me to grab a normal power at 6 and wait till 8 for power pool if I am feeling some specific lack.

And ball lightning is a good power she would have wanted eventually anyway so no harm done.

Kaid
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 01:44:53 PM

Thanks for the replies all. You've made her happy and also helped me understand the power pool system better.

She's been playing CoH on my system the past few days since mine is more of a gaming rig. Her system only has 256mb ram and no vid card since all she does is surfing, email, and home office type stuff. She casually asks me Monday night what it would take to get her system able to play CoH. Next thing I know, we've bought a vid card and a copy of CoH for her.

I think she's going to go buy a stick of ram today. I may have created a monster. Hopefully she won't leave me for the Incredible Bulk...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Question about power pools  
Jump to: