Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: New CoV Movie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New CoV Movie  (Read 2290 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: August 22, 2005, 03:10:05 PM

Official Movie #3... sorry, it's Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/cityofvillains/media.html

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:42:42 PM

Checked out some of the other movies there as well...

Not sure if I like the "Rogue Isles" or not, at least at first glance. CoV seems to have lost a lot of the diverse settings CoH had, especially modern/urbania....And daylight in general. It looks like something fantasy based or worn down/post apocalyptic-like. Not that those are bad, but being a villian doesn't necessarily entail "dark and bleak" all the time, does it?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 03:45:15 PM by Stray »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 03:45:10 PM

Ya, my feeling is a general 'meh'.  Sounds too superheroey to be evil.

Also, I can't believe this is NOT an expansion.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 04:13:46 PM

Other things I'd like to know (if any of you have this info bookmarked somewhere, let me know):

How are hero/villian populations being handled? Is CoV getting it's own servers, with server hopping for CoH/CoV characters? Or are they playing on the ones available?

Which begs two other questions: If they are playing on the same servers, will the servers still be named things like "Freedom" and "Virtue" if I log on with my villian? And how will character naming be handled for villians? Will they be kept on a seperate database or am I shit out of luck?

This has been asked a million times already, but: Subscription plans. I'd rather hear an official word about that before I hear about the new zones.

What exactly are the powersets available in each of the new villian archetypes? Damnit. Something like that shouldn't be exclusive info under an NDA.

Minor question: What's the explanation for Dark Defenders and Dark Melee on the hero side?
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 04:19:46 PM

Minor question: What's the explanation for Dark Defenders and Dark Melee on the hero side?

Tapping into the Netherworld.  Think Spawn.

Course, I explained it on one of my characters as psionic powers drawn from the id rather than the ego.

You can explain nearly any of the powers in your own way.  I have a level 50 Martial Arts scrapper, but he's not really a martial artist.  He's a shapeshifter who uses that to enhance his agility and strength, he only has about average training in martial arts.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 04:25:09 PM

Ah yes. I forgot about Spawn. I guess he's like...umm..the Hollywood Hogan of comic book characters.  cheesy
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 06:33:42 PM

Other things I'd like to know (if any of you have this info bookmarked somewhere, let me know):

How are hero/villian populations being handled? Is CoV getting it's own servers, with server hopping for CoH/CoV characters? Or are they playing on the ones available?

What exactly are the powersets available in each of the new villian archetypes? Damnit. Something like that shouldn't be exclusive info under an NDA.

I talked to Zeb Cook at GenCon.  Apparently it's the same servers.  So if you want to PvP a friend's supergroup, your villain group has to be on the same server. 

When I asked about powersets, he told me that there were new ones specific to CoV, some lifted from CoH, and some that were blends of existing powers and new powers in new sets. 

He didn't give specfics beyond that.  Trust me, I tried.

But yeah, at least I can say that being subbed since launch = for the win.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 07:13:39 PM

When I asked about powersets, he told me that there were new ones specific to CoV, some lifted from CoH, and some that were blends of existing powers and new powers in new sets. 

I think I can get out a "meh" without breaking NDA.  Take that for what you will.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 02:13:17 PM

I think I can get out a "meh" without breaking NDA.  Take that for what you will.

Heh, I'd have commented more but yeah, the NDA.  Some of em are neat though.  But I never played a controller high enough if you get my drift.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: New CoV Movie  
Jump to: