Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:40:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Holy Influence Batman! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holy Influence Batman!  (Read 4819 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: May 04, 2004, 10:27:04 AM

So much for that 11k of Influence I had been saving. I hit 12 last night, and after a harrowing combo of running, fighting and hovering, managed to make it to Pandora's Box in Steel Canyon to buy some Magic Dual Origin Enhancements.

I could afford all of two :) Damage and Endurance Redux.

You higher level folks: how much gold/plat/credits/pyreals/influence do you figure you accrue on a nightly basis? Is the big money in missions (seems to be)?
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 11:14:55 AM

I knocked down aproxamately 15k last night mainly street sweeping with bomb and aslan. The task force run last night helped greatly as well.  My main problem is i have 3 damage 1 acc and 1 range on each of my attack skills so D0/SO enhancements are gonna cost me a fortune.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 12:41:24 PM

When I hit level 12, I was also able to afford only two DO(dual-origin) enhancements from a shop.

As of this post Cosmic is lvl 15.4 with all but a couple enhancement slots dedicated to DO enh. I haven't been able to find a DO fly buff in stores, so my 3 slots in Hover are plain-jane fly speed buffs; the double run slots are normal enhancements; and my two melee skills (1 slot per) are both plain-jane Enhancements, as well. Everything else is DO.

I've mostly soloed since I haven't hooked up with BC to play yet, and I don't think I make a whole lot of money. For 12-13 I mostly hunted in Steel Canyon, where I had several contacts (to buy inspirations while hunting), and where I could sell enhancements as soon as I got full. Once I started buying DO, I stopped using any enhancements so I could sell them all and buy the DO versions. I made the bulk of the money for the upgrades from selling enhancements to the shops.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 12:49:36 PM

Yup the DO's and especially the SO's are really expensive. It is trvial to get a full set of training all origin enhancers of desired type. Initially just grab the DO's you can afford for your best powers. As you level cash starts rolling in alot faster and you will also start seeing DO enhancers drop which sell for a lot.

When you first get the ability to use a new class of enhancer such as DO you are not intended to be able to outfit yourself with a full set. One somewhat cheesy way of affording the good stuff though is side kick with the uber catassers. You get xp like you would hunting creatures of your natural comparitive level but they will drop enhancers equal to the level of the mob you really are fighting.

So if you are a level 2 side kicked to the teens you get teen level enhancers from mobs. Those can be sold to make some pretty good insp to really slot yourself up.

Kaid
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 12:56:58 PM

Quote from: kaid
You get xp like you would hunting creatures of your natural comparitive level but they will drop enhancers equal to the level of the mob you really are fighting.

So if you are a level 2 side kicked to the teens you get teen level enhancers from mobs. Those can be sold to make some pretty good insp to really slot yourself up.

Kaid

This isn't what happened when I had my friend sidekicked to me.  We were fighting level 8-12 mobs, and while >I< was getting enhancements at around level 8-12, all of his drops were 2-5 (around his level).
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 01:09:38 PM

Ah ok cool. I'm not looking to pimp myself to afford all of my latest spells the moment I can get them (oh wait... wrong game). I'll get 'em when I get 'em and at least for right now, I'm not missing them. Having long since turned off the damage indicators, I'm either winning, running or am hovering over the "OK" button hoping the rezzer survives :)

One question Sky's comment prompts though is multiple contacts. So far, I have only really conversed with vendors and Contacts that were introduced by other Contacts. I've got three Contacts in Atlas Park, a zone I'm only if sidekicking a friend, one in Steel Canyon and one in Kings Row. Everyone else that isn't a vendor or a trainer has told me to go back and talk to a Contact I already have.

Will all of my Contacts be introduced as all previous ones have been, or are there Contacts that act like quest NPCs in other quests too and I just haven't found them?
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 03:06:58 PM

Quote from: Sky
As of this post Cosmic is lvl 15.4 with all but a couple enhancement slots dedicated to DO enh. I haven't been able to find a DO fly buff in stores, so my 3 slots in Hover are plain-jane fly speed buffs; the double run slots are normal enhancements; and my two melee skills (1 slot per) are both plain-jane Enhancements, as well. Everything else is DO.

Sky,

From my understanding the only DO and SO enhancements for Fly are Drop only.  However, you should consider dropping some Defence ups in your Hover if you use it in combat.  You should see a noticable effect.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 03:42:26 PM

From my understanding the only DO and SO enhancements for Fly are Drop only.

From what I picked up on the matter, there's the "Power 10" enhancements (those are the base ones such as attack, accuracy, endurance reduction, defence, ect) and then there's the rest (fly, endurance recovery, ect).  They're all introduced on the stores sooner or later, first generic power tens, then all generics, then dual-origin power tens, then all dual-origins, then single-origin power 10s, then all single-origins.   (I think those Single Origins are largely purchased from certain high level contacts.)

Reacher

Email
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 04:29:40 PM

I just spent over 63k influence in one trip to the store last night.  I had finished all my upgrading to lvl 15 DO enhancements and had started saving for 20s.  I did not change to 20s when I reached lvl 17 as I could have.  I waited till lvl 18 so that I could combine the lvl 15s with the lvl 20s to get 20+.  (at lvl 17, all you can do is replace, you cannot combine till lvl 18)  So In a matter of minutes, I had almost all 63k spent on lvl 20 DOs.  At 7.8k apiece, it really wasn't that hard to do.

From my understanding the only DO and SO enhancements for Fly are Drop only

I have read on the official forums that you can purchace all of the DOs at the lvl 25+ SO shops.  You can buy SOs from shops and from certain NPCs who will ask you to perform a task for them before they will sell to you.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 06:33:47 AM

Did much the same thing last night. I hope to be 20 by the end of the week but who knows.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 07:40:17 AM

Ah I have not been a sidekick since beta its possible they changed the sidekick enhancement drops and that would be a good thing as it is very cheesy how much you could gear up youngsters by sidekicking them.

Kaid
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 08:07:34 AM

Quote from: kaid
Ah I have not been a sidekick since beta its possible they changed the sidekick enhancement drops and that would be a good thing as it is very cheesy how much you could gear up youngsters by sidekicking them.

Kaid

This was in beta that I was testing the sidekick system.  My friend, who had a level 2 Controller, grouped with my level (I believe it was 14?) whatever defender.  Every time he got a drop, it was scaled down to his level, every time I got one, it was the normal level for the mob we were fighting.  

This was about a week before release.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 08:10:10 AM

However, you should consider dropping some Defence ups in your Hover if you use it in combat.  You should see a noticable effect.

Yes, I've been thinking about that, as I do use hover extensively and the third fly training enh didn't bump up speed all that much (or I'm spoiled by Fly, or both).

I've got to track down a higher level enhancement shop then? I've just been using the ones in Steel Canyon.

DQ - just using contacts I've been introduced to (there's a lot of them!).
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 08:15:23 AM

Cool on the Contacts. Glad there's not a shortage :)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 05, 2004, 08:27:24 AM

Don't worry about the cost.  Just by selling enhancements as I got them and the normal cash drops I was able to fully deck out in level 15 dual origins by level 15/16.  The cash starts coming in faster and the levels abit slower so upgrading is not that bad.  Only being able to afford 2 or so at the start is not uncommon at all.
WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: May 05, 2004, 11:14:52 AM

My strategy is to get killed enough that I am working off debt all the time. This gives me plenty of time to earn extra influence =P

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 12:08:30 PM

Quote from: WayAbvPar
My strategy is to get killed enough that I am working off debt all the time. This gives me plenty of time to earn extra influence =P

Dammit, now you have gone and posted my sekreet method for pwning up on influence.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Holy Influence Batman!  
Jump to: