Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: FYI: CS actually helped. (Innactive guild leader replaced) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FYI: CS actually helped. (Innactive guild leader replaced)  (Read 2141 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

on: August 21, 2005, 10:22:46 PM

Greetings,

*deleted account stuff*

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the in-game petition system. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for being unable to address your issue while you were online.

After investigating your Guild Master's inactivity, we determined reasonable cause to promote a new Guild Master.

We have promoted the above character to Guild Master status. In order to facilitate this, we have demoted the former Guild Master to Officer status. If you would like to transfer leadership status to a different guild member, simply target them and type the command . Please note that only one character at a time can be flagged as a Guild Master.

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

*** Please do not respond to this email as all conversations on this matter would be best handled online. ***

Regards,

Ranssil
Game Master
Blizzard Entertainment
www.WorldofWarcraft.com

Took them a couple days but I filed the petition on Thursday night.  On Friday morning I had a in-game email saying they would look into it.  I get back from vacation today and I get that email.  Made me happy. 

I now have GM status for my old alt guild :) So if anyone runs into this, yes, CS can help and will in this situation.

-Rasix
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 02:31:38 PM

That's impressive. In FFXI we had to recreate guilds like 3 times when the GM quit and it was annoying.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 03:56:37 PM

Oooooh, file one for Bat Country on Earthen Ring. ^_^
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 06:17:14 AM

You would think these game developers would see the benefit of putting an in-game way of replacing leaders.  The savings in CS calls alone would be worth the design/code effort.

If a leader is inactive for 2 weeks, promote the next best eligible member automatically.  Eligibility can be based on position and membership duration.  Plus they could have a toggle for a certain tier of people that they themselves would turn on that basically said, "If the leader is gone for too long, I'll take over."

It must be more difficult than that though, I haven't seen any of the MMOG's get this right.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 09:18:20 AM

It must be more difficult than that though, I haven't seen any of the MMOG's get this right.

Hasn't CoH a feature where you can "kick" an inactive guild leader ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 09:58:05 AM

For one thing they should implement more means to manage a guild, I mean having monarchy as the only option is so the 15th century.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 10:15:17 AM

For one thing they should implement more means to manage a guild, I mean having monarchy as the only option is so the 15th century.
That is called "Immersion"
I think

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: FYI: CS actually helped. (Innactive guild leader replaced)  
Jump to: