Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Hitman Contracts (quick impressions) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hitman Contracts (quick impressions)  (Read 2122 times)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

on: May 03, 2004, 01:08:54 PM

I know at least Schild is playing this as well.

I have just done the first few levels, but so far have this to say:  It is hitman 2 in a nutshell.  Graphics, sound, gameplay, all seem about what I remember from hitman 2.

If you are a hitman 2 fan and you crave more, this game will bring a big smile to your face.  If you didn't like Hitman 2, I don't see you liking this game either.  I am sure there are more weapons and maybe some more varied missions later on, but it is truly a Hitman 2 sequel.  For me, that is proving to be a very good thing and just like hitman 2 it taks me an AGE to actually play the next level.

So far I have completed the first mission 3 different ways and have done the second one too many to really count.  In the range of 10 or so.  Some bloody some VERY discrete.  That is the fun I have with this game.  Each level is a sandbox of death that I like to fully master before moving on.  Once I am happy that I have found the most entertaining way to pass the level for me I move on to the next.  Most entertaining does not always mean highest rating.  Sometimes I like to up the difficulty by offing random bodies and hiding them around the level.  Mission 2 for example is an S&M rave sex party thing happening in a meatshop.  Rather disturbing, but the key is there are guests all over the place.  So I was rather happy with myself when I had a good 2 dozen or so bodies stacked in an unused meat freezer without having been seen by anyone who survived long enough to give me up.  These people are sick freaks and had it coming I say.

And there is something unbelievably comical about the 6'5" bald man who looks like lurch with a huge BARCODE tatooed on the back of his head fooling ANYONE with a pizza delivery boy outfit.  "Trust me, the anchovies are fresh.  I killed them all WITH MY BARE HANDS."

Anyone else playing it and having fun/hating it?
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 01:24:07 PM

I am playing it (kind of).

I went out and bought it, being the sucker for teh shiny that I am. First thing off the bat I noticed is how utterly horrible it ran on my system. I had to crank most of the graphics down, and also run in 800x600 to get an acceptible frame rate where I could target people well. By this point it didnt look much like teh shiny, more like teh dull.

I was playing in the middle of the day, and had some nasty glare on my screan. I gave up after hitting a run with 4 badguys, and my system again dropped to a crawl, even at 800x600. I threw it to the side of my desk, pissed off I had just spent $50 on some thing that was basically unplayable.

Since that time, it has been acting as a coaster for my soda/beer/water. I am getting a new system this week, and if all goes well, I should have it put together by this weekend, and will be able to play with acceptable graphics and frame rate. Also, I will have to tear myself away from CoH.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 01:38:56 PM

I have a midrange system at best:

AMD 2500 barton
1 gig ram
geforce 4 4200 (128 ram I think)
windows xp

It ran just fine out of the box and I have since turned any options that were not maxxed UP with no noticable change.  Plays just fine here.  

Because of the number of times I play each mission I usually play it the first time just being silly and loud.  So on the second mission it was pretty common to have 10 guards and maybe 20 guests onscreen at once.  Still was easy to put one bullet in each head per guard.

What is your system?

Maybe drivers?  I am using the 56.56 drivers right now.  Have not bothered going to the newest since these work good for everything I have.
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 07:10:45 PM

Way to easy, been playing it for 2 days now and I'm up to level 9 with Silent Assasin rating on all levels so far.

Wiiiiii!
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 06:46:53 AM

I think I have to agree with Rodent on this one as well.  I figured it was just the first few levels, but it is becoming a trend.  Might have to restart on hard, I am only playing on medium, but it is sort of a joke.

Actually no sort of about it.  I can just stand still getting shot by 7 guys with pistols and SMGs for about 20 seconds before they actually kill me.  Considering they all die in ONE headshot, that is pretty sad.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Hitman Contracts (quick impressions)  
Jump to: