Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Anyone else getting lots of lag and rubberbanding today? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else getting lots of lag and rubberbanding today?  (Read 3697 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: May 03, 2004, 10:40:31 AM

I didn't get to play Sat/Sun this weekend and have seen some reports of issues, but both this monring and now at lunchtime I have had a lot of rubberbanding and lag on low pop servers.  I've checked my cable conneciton and it seems fine (good speed on anything else i do).

I've seen some reports on the boards indicating similar issues that just started this weekend.  Anyone else getting the same?

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 02:17:10 PM

Let's just say I'm half a bulb from 19 only because the game was totally unplayable today. Mobs seem to be sort of teleporting randomnly around the screen and when I hit attack sometimes they take damage, sometimes they don't, rarely does my attack animation play.

I'm hoping it'll pass.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 02:20:23 PM

I am about to go home from work and do my best to grind to 20 so I can get some new missions.  Has this been fixed yet, anyone know?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 02:58:33 PM

I played from around 10:30am to noon, eastern, this morning and had no problems at all hunting in Boomtown. Finished a mission and went to Skyway, no lag anywhere for me.

Played for hours with the Morlocks SG sunday night without issue, other than the two dial-up guys getting dropped a couple times.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 03:04:50 PM

I noticed some wierdness on Sunday night.  Like long delays opening up menus/windows within the game; much longer than usual.  Was sure I was going to be dropped once or twice but it finally pulled through.  Nothing during combat however.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 03:31:22 PM

As a dialup guy, I've been getting dropped much more Sunday night and today than Wed-Sat. Mostly in PP and Steel Canyon.  Even in instanced missions, mapserver has been full of hate for me.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 04:06:05 PM

I think Saturday night was the only time I had issues with rubberbanding, in Steel Canyon, but nowhere else. I played at lunchtime CST today, and had no problems, but I was in an instanced mission for most of the time.

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 04:07:38 PM

I wonder if http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/item227.html">this has anything to do with the issues some of you are having.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Anyone else getting lots of lag and rubberbanding today?  
Jump to: