Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Adept Scrolls 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adept Scrolls  (Read 5751 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: August 15, 2005, 12:39:55 PM

I have been working on crafting and am just about ready to start pushing out Adept scrolls to people.  If you want to help me out a bit here are the supplies I need gathered:

-Tuber Strands
-Raw Maple
-Silver <--- I need this the most!!!

All of these materials are found in Antonica.
I believe the scrolls require level 11.  I will start taking orders for scrolls tonight most likely.  Ill be on round about 11pm EST.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 12:55:36 PM

Silver is a rare, probably not going to see enough of it in quantity to make lots of Adept III's

I do have some Raw Maple for you and some Iron Ore for whoever wants it.

I also got a rare 'glowing stone' not sure what it's used for.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 01:23:49 PM

Silver is a rare, probably not going to see enough of it in quantity to make lots of Adept III's

I do have some Raw Maple for you and some Iron Ore for whoever wants it.

I also got a rare 'glowing stone' not sure what it's used for.

Are you sure it is a rare?  I think its called "Cluster of Silver."  I need it to make ink - I assumed it was the next level of lead. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 01:59:59 PM

Silver is a rare resource spawn from mineral nodes.  Good luck finding it - I read it's a 1 in 200 drop.

Glowing stone thing is for a quest Talk to a guy in the quarry in the dwarf starting area
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 07:20:11 PM

Silver is a rare resource spawn from mineral nodes.  Good luck finding it - I read it's a 1 in 200 drop.

Glowing stone thing is for a quest Talk to a guy in the quarry in the dwarf starting area

OK I need Silver or Coral.  Can anyone please point me in the correct location?

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 01:42:41 AM

The glowing stone is used by an alchemist to make an extract that other crafters use to make magical imbued items.  There is a new one for every tier and they are interchangable for glowing teeth, glowing flowers and whatever other semi-rare harvests there are (cant quite remember them all)

All Adept recipes use an ink that is made from whatever rare mineral resource there is for that tier (silver and coral for tier 2 if I remember rightly).  All Apprentice recipes use ink made from the common mineral resource for that tier.

Harvesting for rares is one of the mind-numbing soul destroying things that makes you hate the game and every catass that ever said "I wish some things where rare so not everyone could have them"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 06:24:06 AM

You're thinking of the Dusty Blue Stone, I've already done that part of that quest.

Edit:  Cheddar, I wouldn't get too hung up on the level 10-20 rare crafting stuff.  Most of us are going to be out of the 20's in a week or two and then all those sub 20 skills will be obsolete and replaced with your actual sub-class skills which are generally much more effective.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 06:28:16 AM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 07:47:09 AM

You're thinking of the Dusty Blue Stone, I've already done that part of that quest.

Edit:  Cheddar, I wouldn't get too hung up on the level 10-20 rare crafting stuff.  Most of us are going to be out of the 20's in a week or two and then all those sub 20 skills will be obsolete and replaced with your actual sub-class skills which are generally much more effective.

Forget Adept IIIs. Just forget them. If you are a harvesting fiend, you will find 1-2 rares every 5 levels early on. At 35, I harvest quite a bit in Thundering Steppes because the prices are good for T3 resources and below. In all my 35 levels I have found 1 palladium, 6 sparkling flowers and 2 or 3 glowing teeth.

Of course, you not only need the rare harvested item, but the rare-ish crafting book, too. In my guild, Adept IIIs mean emailing your own rare (and the book, if necessary) to the crafter. The books are usually being sold by players at only slight premiums to what the NPCs will pay for them, so the bottleneck is clearly the rare harvestables - and it is a huge bottleneck.

I have never played WoW.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 06:10:52 AM

Adept 3s are just not worth it until you're very high. Just pick up Adept IVs. And you'll find ludicrously better prices if you talk to a scribe than if you buy off the bazaar.

The only Adept 3 I've ever had was my summoner pet and that's because at the moment only one is worth having (the tellurian) and it was going to be 1/2 my offensive power and 100% of my defensive power for for over a dozen levels. (And cause my guildie made it for me.)

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 06:49:25 AM

Adept 3s are just not worth it until you're very high. Just pick up Adept IVs. And you'll find ludicrously better prices if you talk to a scribe than if you buy off the bazaar.

The only Adept 3 I've ever had was my summoner pet and that's because at the moment only one is worth having (the tellurian) and it was going to be 1/2 my offensive power and 100% of my defensive power for for over a dozen levels. (And cause my guildie made it for me.)

Fuck crafting.  I was so upset that I rerolled as a ratonga.  Yeah I am going to be doing the betrayal quest.  It makes sense to me.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 08:25:11 AM

Come to WoW. The dark side calls.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 01:07:22 PM

Vile tempter!  Let me see how the betrayal thinga-ma-whatsit goes first; trust me I have been thinking about your offer sir.  I am enjoying my rat, just not where he is at. 

HAHA I am a poet!

That is all.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 01:15:22 PM

I still have a few weeks left on my free months of EQ2. I should really do something with it.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 10:53:09 AM

Vile tempter!  Let me see how the betrayal thinga-ma-whatsit goes first; trust me I have been thinking about your offer sir.  I am enjoying my rat, just not where he is at. 

I betrayed Freeport as a Ratonga back when I was playing.  I was a sorcerer, so killing all those gnolls wasn't too bad, tho I was very glad of the help of my friends for killing the several named guys.  You'll really wanna read a spoiler for the end parts, knowing that some of the mobs will attack you(and be tougher than you can handle solo) is very useful.  Aside from that, the dialog choices that people complained about costing you money are really easy, unless you're intentionally trying to screw up.

Cats in Qeynos still hiss at you, it's great.  Rats will still follow you occasionally too.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 01:46:10 PM

I found a rare to have a Master 1 Ruse spell made for my Brigand. It was luv.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 01:51:24 PM

Master I's are not crafted. Adept IIIs are.

I have never played WoW.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 02:42:02 PM

Maybe that what I meant. Who knows....All I do know is that I was surpassing 1k damage a hit at 27.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 07:26:45 AM

On the test server patch they claim that the rate of the legendary resouce drops for spells like silver and coral are going to be increasing. This is needed as the stuff on test greatly increases the number of spells people have. Right now getting adept3's is a total crap shoot its freaking HARD to find the rares.

To give you an idea when I was doing my hard core crafting it took me about 8 to 10 hours to find one or two rares. Generally these were not the rares I was even looking for.

Kaid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Adept Scrolls  
Jump to: