Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Well there's an excuse you don't hear everyday. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well there's an excuse you don't hear everyday.  (Read 856 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: August 15, 2005, 08:46:06 AM

Quote from: Aftenposten
Bad excuse final straw

Speeding and driving dangerously was bad enough, but a flimsy excuse was more than traffic police could stand.

First published: 15 Aug 2005, 17:02

Acting district leader of UP, Norway's highway patrol, Tor Ødegård, was shocked by the excuse he was given after stopping a man who was doing 113 kph (70 mph) in an 80 kph (50 mph) zone.

"The man complained that his windshield wipers weren't working and the only way he could get the rain to glance off the windshield was to maintain high speed," Ødegård told Trondheim newspaper Adresseavisen.

Ødegård noticed the car was driving much faster than others.

"In the end he got stuck behind a car and started blinking his lights like crazy. That he was driving with just his parking lights on didn't make things better," Ødegård told the paper.

Normally the driver would have had to been doing 116 kph to lose his license on the spot, but Ødegård felt the explanation was so extreme that he had no choice.

"The man is now a pedestrian," Ødegård said.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 10:12:37 AM

I seem to remember they used to give out an award for the best speeding excuse. The one I still remember reading about years ago was a guy that almost got away with it by claiming he was trying to swat a bee in the car. He claimed he must have stepped on the peddle harder as he was flailing around at the angry bee. he showed the officer the dead be on the dash as proof.

Apparently he might have pulled it off had the cop not noticed the thick layer of dust covering the dead bee.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 10:30:07 AM

I once drove from the Pennsylvanian mountain ridge halfway through NY state without headlights in an ice storm.

Drove my bass player to religion, he quit the band and rock music entirely. No shit. It was the culmination of a long spring break, though. I used to be tough to vacation with. These kids with their jackass got nothing on rock and roll ;) I think the first sign of him snapping was from something as tame as lighting fireworks (BIG fireworks...) off a motel room while doing tandem nude dives into the pool. It was cool seeing the reflections in the water is all I'm saying.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Well there's an excuse you don't hear everyday.  
Jump to: