Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:32:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Respecs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Respecs  (Read 2212 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: August 12, 2005, 07:56:53 AM

I have completely forgotten how respecs are handled in this game.  Are there any given automatically for new toons?

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 08:10:27 AM

There are respec missions and Cyptic gives them out from time to time.

"Me am play gods"
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 10:57:57 AM

Usually when they release an issue/patch that changes a lot of powers, they'll issue a free respec to everyone. You can use the free respec anywhere by just typing "/respec". If they give out another free respec later and you haven't used your free one yet, you don't get a second free one. Since you have a new toon, I doubt you have a free respec right now. They're planning to give out a free one when Issue 5 comes out so if you already have a free one, you might want to use it to test out some new powers/slotting.

There's also the Terra Volta respec trial which you can do at 3 different level ranges (24-33: Sky Raiders, 34-43: Freakshow, 44+: Rikti). To redeem the trial respec, you have to go see an NPC inside the headquarters in Galaxy City (where the starting contacts are).

Good source of info is http://www.cityofheroesonline.com.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 01:52:39 PM

If you aren't sure what you want to do with your respec, you can copy your character over to the test server, grab the test server client, and respec there.  You can copy the same character over several times, and respec different ways, even... they just get numbers added to the end, i.e. Sword Crusade, then Sword Crusade1, Sword Crusade2, etc.

You lose all influence in the copy over to test, but when you respec, you can sell off unused enhancements for 50% of the normal price, which is better than they normally sell for, should be enough to get a few enhancements for those now-empty slots.

Instructions for getting into the test server, and copying chars, can be found in a sticky thread in the Test Center board at cityofheroes.com.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Respecs  
Jump to: