Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Penny Arcade CCG. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Penny Arcade CCG.  (Read 2421 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

on: August 05, 2005, 07:13:02 PM

http://www.sabertoothgames.com/stg/pa_press_release.asp

Exactly what the world didn't need.

P.S. anyone remember Gabe's big speech long ago about how you'd "know when Penny Arcade sold out"?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 07:19:53 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 08:24:06 PM

I haven't forgiven those guys for killing off their original WH40K CCG.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 12:15:42 PM

<shrug>

So they make money doing what they do.  And someone called them up and said "We want to give you more money and put your characters in our card game."

You'd say no?

I wouldn't.

It's not as though this company is suddenly demanding that they give specific games good reviews for more money.  That would be selling out.  This is just some easy side money.  Last I heard, even the game they really, really like was on their shit list for a while because of the shitty service.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 09:28:34 AM

That's it. We need Samprimary to draw avatars for all the mods and admins so we can have our own characters in games someday.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 09:55:50 AM

He could even save time by drawing one stick figure and then relabeling it for each character.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 09:58:28 AM

Oh c'mon I'm sure Sam can do as good as Rich Burlew and still maintain his stickfigure medium.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 08:17:44 AM

Oh c'mon I'm sure Sam can do as good as Rich Burlew and still maintain his stickfigure medium.

Too.many.words.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 09:55:22 AM

Good for them. It's not like I'll play it or pay for it. But good that they actually were able to convince someone that they should be paid money for something they produced. Color me jealous.

I enjoy their strip. I sometimes enjoy their commentary. Seriously, why the fuck would I give a shit about anything else? Sell-out? Buy-in, bitches.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 12:18:16 PM

Yeah, I don't really get the PA hate.  If it helps them support their site without having to beg for money via Paypal or decrease the quality of their content (e.g. blatant shilling), more power to them.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 12:35:07 PM

You mean MORE blatant shilling?

Not that there's much wrong with that.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 12:37:34 PM

Hell, I'd shill my for company if I thought I'd get anything for it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 01:23:28 PM

The makers of the PA CCG have just announced a Soul Calibur III set as well. Soon, Scott Kurtz can let Voldo slice Gabe up and giggle.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 11:17:44 AM

And the PA and SC CCG's are interchangeable or something. If you dig that sort of thing.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Penny Arcade CCG.  
Jump to: