Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:03:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Again with Goryo's Deck 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Again with Goryo's Deck  (Read 2866 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: July 29, 2005, 11:30:06 PM

I've been following the Brainburst thread on their forums,  and doing some experimentation.  Honestly,  I think that with Mirrodin going out this deck stands to be a great rogue deck.  Most of the Tier 1/1.5 Standard decks lose their bombs.  Decklist right now:

4 Kokusho, the Evening Star
3 Kuro, Pitlord
3 Unspeakable
2 Iname As One
4 Thought Courier

16 Creatures

4 Goryo Vengeance
4 Footsteps of the Goryo
2 Zombify
4 Ideas Unbound
4 Thirst for Knowledge
2 Gifts Ungiven
4 Talisman of Dominance

24 Spells

2 Miren, the Moaning Well
3 City of BrAss
7 Island
8 Swamp

20 Land

60 cards total

Sideboard (still greatly in progress):

4 Persecute
2 Cranial Extraction
2 Zombify
3 Hideous Laughter (for removal against aggro decks.  Kagemoro is real fucking expensive)
3 Boseiju
1 Miren (ack, had a spot and no more extractions or Laughters)

15 cards

Kokusho works great.  His life sucking ability works with Footsteps,  and he can be easily hardcast.

Iname As One is a heavy beater,  who also serves as a zombify if you have to Footsteps him.

Kuro clears the board, beats.  Unspeakable is a machine.

Miren has great synergy to fuel Kuro's removal, and as a sac outlet when vengencing.

Thought Courier is great to sift.  Gifts works well to get 4 large creatures,  or a handful of card draw,  or reanimates.

With 9th and Mirrodin cycling out,  going to lose Talisman, City, and Thirst.  Gaining painlands.  The loss of Thirst as a drawer and sifter at instant speed hurts.  Gaining painlands fixes losing City,  and honestly if you splashed a bunch of painlands for U/R adn B/R or W/B and W/R you could then splash some usefull cards.

Gaining Hell's Caretaker (nice), Polymorph (good potential here), and some pretty good blue utility.  Black has some new shiney in 9th as well.

Going to post my thoughts on the rotation eventually when I get an hour or two.  (Still puttering away at my thoughts on Modo markets as well Schild.  I'm a wordy, tangental bastard.)
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 11:37:09 PM

I'm torn right now. I really want to turn this into a Hell's Caretaker deck, but I might have to splash green. Land acceleration is becoming a necessary evil. Well, not so much acceleration but getting it the fuck out of the deck. With painlands this will be relatively easy to do. Right now? Not so much.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Again with Goryo's Deck  
Jump to: