Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:48:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Patron system getting scrapped 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patron system getting scrapped  (Read 2296 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

on: July 28, 2005, 06:59:07 AM

*** Guild Status ***

- We have removed the concept of patrons from guilds. Earned status is now divided by the number of unique accounts in your guild (minimum of 6, maximum of 24).

- Example 1: If you have 40 members in your guild (10 of which are alts) you'd have 30 unique accounts. That's over the maximum cap of 24, so any new guild status earned would be divided by 24.

- Example 2: If you have 4 members in your guild and you earn guild status, it will be divided by 6 (the minimum number).

For those not familiar, the current system divides status earned by the number of "patrons" with a minimum of 12. This helps smaller guilds tremendously.

I have never played WoW.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:43:53 PM

That's actually pretty nice for smallish guilds, indeed.  No need to only declare one alt as a patron, opr any of that nonsense.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 09:23:58 AM

It's also nice for very large guilds. No more having to pick and choose who should get to be patrons. Now everyone will be able to contribute. Especially nice for killing the status giving raid mobs now that everyone on the raid will be contributing to leveling the guild.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Patron system getting scrapped  
Jump to: