Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:48:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: 80's Strikes Back Again One More Time 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 80's Strikes Back Again One More Time  (Read 1673 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: July 26, 2005, 10:32:24 AM

Quote from: Hollywood Reporter / Reuters
'Voltron' morphs into movie

By Borys Kit Tue Jul 26, 1:30 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Voltron: Defender of the Universe" is coming to the big screen.
ADVERTISEMENT

Producer Mark Gordon ("The Day After Tomorrow") is developing a big-budget feature based on the 1980s giant robot kids TV series and toy sensation.

The "Voltron" animated TV series debuted in 1984, about the same time as Hasbro's Transformers toy line, igniting a morphing robot phenomenon. According to sources, Voltron has generated $750 million in worldwide licensing and nearly $200 million in toys and merchandising since 1984. The show, in its many incarnations, remains syndicated throughout the world.

The story being developed will be based on the series about five maverick explorer-pilots who must travel to the planet Arus to learn how to operate Voltron, a giant mechanical warrior formed by five smaller robots. The gargantuan robot is the last hope against the evil Drule Empire that has subjugated Earth and taken control of the universe.

Two employees at New Line Cinema, Mark Costa and Ford Oelman, secured the rights from "Voltron" owner World Events, and eventually brought the project to Gordon, whose credits also include "Saving Private Ryan" and "Speed." Costa and Oelman will executive produce, along with Pharrell Williams, one-half of the producing duo the Neptunes, who will score the film and produce the soundtrack.

"Voltron" is now the second giant robot picture being developed; "Transformers" is set up at DreamWorks Pictures.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 11:25:40 AM

I still really hope they turn that horrible home-made trailor for Thundercats into a movie.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 11:28:43 AM by voodoolily »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:05:54 PM

Personally, I really wish they would bring back "Capt. Harlock" (or "Albator" (?)  pour les francais).  That was cool early anime shit.  Space pirates, yaar!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 02:36:08 PM

Hollywood is full of cockgobblers.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 02:37:10 PM

Hollywood is full of cockgobblers.

And there it is, a field report from Haemish, at the Department of the Depressingly Obvious.

:-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 12:03:36 PM

at the Department of the Depressingly Obvious.
Didn't Signe decree that blatantly obvious should be colored pink?

I am just waiting for the Renny Harlin remake of The Ten Commandments, where Moses yells "motherfuckers!" and whips out a pair of SMGs blasting the worshippers around the golden calf. With the standard slow-motion blood spurts.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 12:17:22 PM

That was me, actually.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 01:23:52 PM

I am just waiting for the Renny Harlin remake of The Ten Commandments, where Moses yells "motherfuckers!" and whips out a pair of SMGs blasting the worshippers around the golden calf. With the standard slow-motion blood spurts.
And doves.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: 80's Strikes Back Again One More Time  
Jump to: