Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:01:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: <Insert Beating a Dead Klingon Emoticon Here> 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: <Insert Beating a Dead Klingon Emoticon Here>  (Read 19322 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: July 23, 2005, 01:46:22 PM

Quote from: TrekWeb
STAR TREK XI to be Filmed in Australia, Set in 2010 ?

Several rumors about the STAR TREK XI prequel movie have appeared today on the net, rumors that TrekWeb has been unable to officially confirm or deny.

According to the latest issue of STAR TREK Magazine, just out in the UK, Paramount bosses have hinted that the prequel may be filmed in Australia, according to a claim made by the Premier of South Australia, Mike Rann, when he opened the Australian Star Trek convention, Terra Nova, back in April
"Mr Rann had been with Paramount Pictures executives at a dinner in Adelaide the day before our convention," Stuart Blair, President of the United Federation of Planets Fan Club of South Australia told Star Trek Magazine. Although that meeting was primarily about Paramount's upcoming film of Edgar Rice Burroughs' PRINCESS OF MARS, Paramount execs apparently also revealed they were also considering shooting the next STAR TREK film in Australia.

STAR TREK Magazine reader Carol Dale, who was at the event says the Premier also revealed some of the next film's plot.

"STAR TREK XI will be set in the very near future," Carol reports. "2010 to be exact. A time when the Earth has been almost destroyed by nuclear war, when our saviours from the future arrive."

"The story is to be set over two movies," Carol continued. "As to who will star nothing was said, but it was inferred that Spock was a must. But if they are bringing help from the future it leaves it open to star any and all of the STAR TREK casts from all the shows."

To read the full article, get the latest issue of STAR TREK Magazine at your local newstand.

This information is preliminary, of course, and entirely rumor.

Mob Beating a Dead Horse Cthulu Sad Panda
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 04:34:30 PM by Shockeye »
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 02:21:21 PM

Can we have Nazi Space Vampires, too?

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 02:26:43 PM

So much for that whole, "We think it needs some time out of the public eye" nonsense they were spewing when they cancelled Enterprise.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 04:02:25 PM

The worst idea ever.  And probably just a rumour, nothing more.

One hopes.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 06:33:50 PM

2010 to be exact. A time when the Earth has been almost destroyed by nuclear war, when our saviours from the future arrive

Didn't they just do that in Trek #8?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 08:09:52 PM

It would be better if it had wookie zombie nazis.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 08:42:47 PM

Nuclear war is rough.  Like sand.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 01:50:11 PM

Thay're making a film of "Princess of Mars?" I find that far more interesting. Of course, it will be nerfed to hell to be acceptable to today's poltically correct standards...

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 03:06:13 PM

Thay're making a film of "Princess of Mars?" I find that far more interesting. Of course, it will be nerfed to hell to be acceptable to today's poltically correct standards...
Deja Thoris and John Carter?  Are you shitting me?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 03:55:54 PM

Isn't Harry Knowles producing it?

[EDIT] Yes he is.

Produced by
Sean Daniel ....  producer 
James Jacks ....  producer 
Harry Jay Knowles ....  producer 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 03:57:42 PM by Shockeye »
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 04:01:10 PM

Sigh. I hate the world, it's people, and the lack of darwinism in modern civilization. Many, many, many people need to have their flesh ripped off and jackets made out of them. In the case of Knowles, 73 jackets.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 05:18:18 PM

Lmao
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 05:36:41 PM

Isn't Harry Knowles producing it?

[EDIT] Yes he is.

Produced by
Sean Daniel ....  producer 
James Jacks ....  producer 
Harry Jay Knowles ....  producer 

Meh.  That deflates that momentary bit of excitement.  The director is the guy who did "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" which I liked for all it's quirks.  John Carter of Mars stories could be decently told in that style.

I'm not completely depressed but I am sure Harry Knowles will find some way to fuck it up.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 01:37:54 AM

Sweet.  I love that series.

Are they gonna be naked, like in the books?

BTW, this series is public domain and I found the whole thing, in eBook form, on some University web site.  Just google for it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 01:43:44 AM by Arnold »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 06:09:36 AM

Most of ERB's stuff is on Gutenberg also.

edit:  Cool, Gutenberg has been doing computer generated audio books, I'm going to have to listen to some Barsoom storiesb while I work today.

edit 2: Audio book not eBook.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 06:14:52 AM by Murgos »

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 07:37:32 AM

Yea, I have to say I stopped paying attention to the trek stuff in your article once you mentioned Princess of Mars. Hell, I still have a comic adaption of "John Carter, Warlord of Mars" from the late seventies burried somewhere.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 10:23:41 AM

Is this the movie where time-travelling whales save the earth from nuclear disaster after scientists try to deflect an incoming asteroid and unwittingly unleash a modern ice age?
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 11:15:32 AM

Jolene Blalock.

That is reason enough.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 12:21:33 PM

Quote from: TrekWeb
STAR TREK XI to be Filmed in Australia, Set in 2010 ?

"STAR TREK XI will be set in the very near future," Carol reports. "2010 to be exact. A time when the Earth has been almost destroyed by nuclear war, when our saviours from the future arrive."

Wow.  Just wow.

Ok.  So, if we are going to be five years from now, can I ask why not put the film in 2001 or 2006 or who-the-fuck-cares-when and shoot it with trekkies?   Why not shoot the film with scifi fans (Ok, not trekkies) in it.  Have them killed etc.  Man, it's hard to be funny even with this.  Let it die.  Might as well make an Andromeda movie for all anyone cares.
Strazos

Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 03:06:29 AM

Jolene Blalock.

That is reason enough.

Yummy.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 06:05:48 AM

Jolene Blalock.

That is reason enough.

It's really not.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 10:02:20 AM

Damn contrarian Scots... ;)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 10:15:44 AM

Damn contrarian Scots... ;)

That "contrarian Scot" happens to be correct.

Kneel before Zod.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 10:26:38 AM

Bah I'd rather link a bunch of Blalock kitty poses.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 11:38:30 AM

Mookie?
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 11:39:43 AM

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 12:20:18 PM

Out on the porch, yeah, but they don't wave

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 01:17:13 PM

To read the full article, get the latest issue of STAR TREK Magazine at your local newstand.

Ah, here's the meat.  Go to hell, Paramount.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 01:19:47 PM

Is this the movie where time-travelling whales save the earth from nuclear disaster after scientists try to deflect an incoming asteroid and unwittingly unleash a modern ice age?

You are thinking of Star Trek IV.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 02:00:26 PM

Yeah, let's put Kirk back in the original yellow shirt, or even better, that stinky shit-green stylish number that showed his pit stains and man boobies so well. And let's do that now, with his belly hanging over his belt and bring in some Star Trek Fanfic writers to polish the script up with some hot Kirk/Spock/McCoy manlove action. Dig Deforrest Kelley up and lube that ashen corpse. We have childhood mythologies to rape.

Cwats.

WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 02:33:30 PM

Twunts.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 11:28:08 PM

LeVar Burton is cool, however.

He's on our side.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/levar%20burton%20scrap%20star%20trek

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION star LeVAR BURTON has begged TV bosses never to make another new Star Trek show and allow the sci-fi series to rest in piece.

The actor - who played LIEUTENANT COMMANDER GEORDI LA FORGE on both the big and small screens from 1987 until his final appearance in 2002 movie STAR TREK: NEMESIS - hopes the last series of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, from 2001, will be the very last.

And Burton is threatening to get nasty if executives ignore his pleas.

He says, "Star Trek coming to an end is long overdue.

"They ran it into the ground and made so much Star Trek that it ceased to be special. If they bring this back before a decade is out I will get a high-powered weapon and start picking off studio executives."

26/07/2005 01:52
Strazos

Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 01:38:20 AM

Teh Winnar Is HE!

Fear the Backstab!
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 01:50:29 AM

I don't generally make it a habit of agreeing with men with multiple capital letters in their first name, but today I make an exception.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 01:51:43 AM

Take a look, it's in a book - Reading Rainbow.

See Strazos, pop culture can be fun. Crossthread humor 4tw and whatnot.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: <Insert Beating a Dead Klingon Emoticon Here>  
Jump to: