Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:01:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Darkfall Online dumps Webhost to support Linux 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darkfall Online dumps Webhost to support Linux  (Read 3556 times)
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

on: April 29, 2004, 02:05:09 PM

I found this while I was scouring the 'net for game news:

You may experience problems connecting to the Darkfall website for a short time. The reason for this is that we're switching hosting providers and upgrading hardware and message board software. Our main reason for switching our hosting provider can be  best described by http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/01/1818201&mode=thread&tid=106&tid=185&tid=187&tid=88%3Ethis">this article on Slashdot. In the interest of free Linux and not wanting to support SCO's claims to it, we have no choice but to leave EV1 servers.

Our upgrades in hardware and software are so that we're better equipped to handle the increased activity that comes with the beta process. After the move is completed, you should experience a much faster and more stable Darkfall website and forum.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/news/

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Azhrarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 08:45:58 AM

Wouldn't it be funny if they switched to one of the other dedicated server companies who paid off SCO, but who didn't announce it.  Which EV1 didn't have to do.

Poor bleeding hearts getting mad at EV1 for getting SCO off all their customer's backs for a cheap sum.  Especially when they know SCO has no chance in the long run, but trying to attack people until then costs everyone money.

This may be a good read.  Eh, either way it doesn't bother me, I just go where the best price to reliability ratio is. ;)  All of my servers are running fine and for a decent price, although I wiped out the EV1 redhate install on them in favor of Debian.

I came here to be drugged, electrocuted, and probed.  Not insulted! - H.S.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Darkfall Online dumps Webhost to support Linux  
Jump to: