Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:27:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: New CoV Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New CoV Screenshots  (Read 6424 times)
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

on: July 14, 2005, 09:04:24 AM

New CoV screenshots at http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/633/633084p1.html. I like the big blobby green things with the skeleton inside.

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 09:22:07 AM

Hmmm... wouldn't villians be fighting good guy npcs in these new zones?

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 09:49:11 AM

Seems like not every villian is about teamwork.  Or perhaps undead stuff isn't picky about whose brains it eats.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 10:20:54 AM

My daughter has a hard time accepting this when we play action figures. She thinks the bad guys should exclusively fight the good guys. I have to explain that villains, as is their nature, will fight among themselves just as easily as they would fight against "good guys", it's not like they are on opposite sides of a sports team or something. Villains fight for personal gain, the alignment of who they crush under their boot is irrelevant.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 10:21:33 AM

Maybe they are good guys only really, really ugly.

Sort of like Sylvester Stallone.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 12:46:24 PM

Well, of what we know villains will be fighting:
A fanatical cult of witch hunters who seek to destroy all who use magic in ways they deem "improper."
Security guards, cops, and superheroes at LEAST part of the time, as shown in the preview trailer.
Ghost pirates.  Seriously.

Nice shots on there of Sister Psyche dueling Ghost Widow.  PSYCHIC CATFIGHT!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 12:50:04 PM by Llava »

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 01:17:59 PM

It was mentioned in one of the interview videos that the new areas are full of bad guys... as a villain, you rise to the top floating on the blood of those who weren't good enough.  Most of the 'good guys' you fight will likely be in missions... bank guards, corp. security guards, heros coming to stop you, etc.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 02:48:36 PM

I wonder if these zones/quests will get "dark" Fallout style.  Prostitutes, drug distribution missions etc.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 08:52:44 PM

I wonder if these zones/quests will get "dark" Fallout style.  Prostitutes, drug distribution missions etc.

The ESRB gave CoH a 'Teen' rating.  I'd guess that Cryptic will probably aim for the same rating for CoV, which likely means no prostitutes...  Tho distributing poisons and stuff for various villain groups is possible, I'd guess.  EBGames.com says the rating on CoV is 'pending'.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
eskimobob

Email
Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 09:01:08 PM

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 11:25:04 AM

Did you just try to link to an image on your hard drive?

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 09:29:49 AM

That's what he did.  Lovely, innit?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 01:20:22 AM

I guess it works. For him.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 01:22:47 AM

I bet it was a polar bear.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 09:15:51 AM

Maybe it was from his iGloo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: New CoV Screenshots  
Jump to: