Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:31:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo Football League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo Football League  (Read 77567 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #315 on: December 06, 2005, 01:08:20 PM

You're an Astros fan. Nuff said.  tongue

I really think Seattle has a chance to knock Indy off. The Hawks will be playing at home, they have a good running attack, a decent passing attack and a fast, opportunisitic D. I don't believe that San Diego will have a chance against Indy, even though they are a good team. Something about the Chargers, they have last year's Seahawks' luck. Jacksonville has lost too much to injury (Darius, Leftwich and Taylor) to really make a dent in the Colts, though stranger things have happened on the road.

What's going to be interesting after the season is how the Colts deal with Edge's free agency. If they franchise him again, I really think he might hold out. If they win the Super Bowl, he's going to want huge bucks. Equally interesting will be the Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers situation. I mean, Brees is good RIGHT NOW. Rivers may be good, or he may be a first round bust. Do they take the chance on the rookie they traded so much for, or trade him for something else? Either way, someone is going to get a good QB. I think Rivers could probably do it, based simply on the fact that Gates and Tomlinson would make whoever plays back there that much better.

I look forward to watching Denver reach the playoffs only to lose in their first game as Jake the Fake throws 4 INTs to some wild card team. Probably Pittsburgh or Jacksonville. Bonus points if it's the banged up, scrub-ridden Patriots.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #316 on: December 07, 2005, 02:25:17 PM

The Attack Monkies will spend the bye week drinking beer and grooming each other for grubs.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #317 on: December 12, 2005, 06:35:32 AM

Well Brunnell gave me negative points this week and the dream is over. Congrats to the winners.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #318 on: December 12, 2005, 08:04:38 AM

He got a look at your avatar.

So even though I'm eliminated from the Bat Country league, I managed to squeak into the playoffs in the Morlocks league and am leading the EA league by a good half mile.

Indy was effortless once again yesterday. Somehow, Jacksonville managed to put some points up after they switched the coverage to the more interesting Browns/Bengals game. Is it just me, or is Fred Taylor completely ineffective since he hurt his ankle? I don't think Jacksonville loses much when going from Leftwich to Gerrard, but not having Taylor at his best is going to kill them in the playoffs.

Cincy looked bad. Real bad. Except for Rudi Johnson, who looked tough.

Eli Manning continues to airmail some balls. I'm not sure what his problem is, but he threw at least 5 or 6 balls sky high over his receivers, and some of them got picked. Jay Feely remembered that he was supposed to kick through the uprights, though.

Kansas City's safeties look absolutely lost. If they make the playoffs, somebody like Indy or Denver or San Diego will just light them up deep. They either don't know how to or can't cover the deep ball. It's too bad Larry Johnson can't cover receivers. Not that Dallas was too much better, but if I saw Terry Glenn burn KC deep one more time, I'd have shit my pants.

Playoff predictions: AFC: Indy, Denver, New England, Cincy, with Jacksonville and Pittsburgh as the wild cards. I don't see San Diego beating Indy AND Denver (even at home), and I don't see KC beating the Bengals. Pittsburgh should win out, with the only real challenge being Minnesota. Brad Johnson's lucky streak will end on his back.

NFC: Seattle, Chicago, NY Giants, Carolina, with Tampa Bay and Dallas as the wild card. Minnesota might squeak in, but I think they have a harder schedule; all three of their remaining games are against tough ass defenses. Dallas gets St. Louis at home at the end, which will probably be the difference.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #319 on: December 12, 2005, 09:42:15 AM

I think the Falcons can win out and still take the division or at least the Wild Card. It starts tonight. If they flounder against the Saints, I'll change my tune.

WayAbvPar

Reply #320 on: December 12, 2005, 09:45:26 AM

Sorry Paelos, but I am rooting against the Falcons, and will continue to do so until every announcer quits vocally fellating Michael Vick as the greatest QB of all time. The guy is a horrible QB. Fantastic athlete, but just atrocious as a passer.

I was worried about my FF game this week when I saw that Carolina only scored 10 points (I have Delhomme and Smith). Thankfully the check I sent Brunell cleared in time for him to tank it against the fearsome Cardinals.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #321 on: December 12, 2005, 09:48:18 AM

I understand the Vick hate, and I don't like the knob-slobbing going on by announcers for him at all. Alge Crumpler is the real man on the Falcons week to week making the tough catches and getting the yardage, and Warrick Dunn gets 90+ yards on the ground every game. Do they get the big coverage? Hell no.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #322 on: December 12, 2005, 11:14:42 AM

The Falcons have been WAY too inconsistent to win out. I mean, the fucking PACKERS beat them in Atlanta, and the Pack can't beat their meat.

Vick has a great arm, some fantastic running ability and the capacity to create some whacked out big plays, but he is a shitty QB and a turnover machine. The fact that both the Panthers and the Bucs have beaten the Falcons in head to head means they'll have to beat out Dallas and Minnesota for the last wild card. Yeah, they'll beat New Orleans. But win out against Chicago, Tampa AND Carolina? No, not happening.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #323 on: December 12, 2005, 01:17:03 PM

I think Denver might find a way to drop one, Jake Plummer is regressing and the defense is far from fearsome which is too bad I really really like Mike Shanahan.  Also went out of a limb and guessed Gibbs would find a way to win out and the NYG would suck as much as they deserve to.  Oh and for my NFC championship scenario Tampa needs to beat Seattle, but I dont think thats very far fetched.

My playoff picks (going to go out on some limbs)

AFC:
Indy, Cincy, NE, Den, Jax, Pitt

NFC:
Sea, Chi, Car, Wash, TB, Dal/NYG (doesn't matter who, first round losers the both of them)

AFC Championship game:
Cincy @ Indy

NFC Championship game:
TB @ Chicago

*shrug*
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 01:18:35 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #324 on: December 12, 2005, 01:47:59 PM

NFC Championship game:
TB @ Chicago

That would be a sad, boring game.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: December 12, 2005, 02:33:41 PM

Yet, I would be one happy camper.

Gotta say that Bucs have far surpassed what I expected of them this year. They've lost some games they really should of won (Jets, 49ers, yes even the Bears) but I expected a .500 team at best. Gotta love how weak the NFC is... if you're a Bucs fan anyways.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #326 on: December 12, 2005, 02:38:57 PM

Still recovering from the asswhipping the Steelers laid on the Bears D yesterday.  Hopefully the Steelers will play with that kind of attitude next week against the Vikes.  For currently sitting in the 2nd seed in the NFC, you'd think their ability to even get into the playoffs wouldn't be in question.  It's almost as odd as my fantasy team somehow finishing with the 1st seed intact.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #327 on: December 12, 2005, 03:36:07 PM

NFC Championship game:
TB @ Chicago

That would be a sad, boring game.

I totally disagree, I love defense.  Hence my feeling that Carolina might loose to the Bears in Chicago and Tampa could easily upset the criminally inept in the playoffs Seahawks.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #328 on: December 13, 2005, 07:57:59 AM

I like defense too, I just like to see good defenses play against good offenses so that it's a constant struggle and not a 3 and out punt contest. You know, like the last Bears/Bucs game. Both offense are almost criminally inept most days, although Tampa's has seemed to get on track lately while the Bears' has regressed. Musin Muhammed is wasted on Kyle Orton, at least this year.

Both Chicago and Tampa can surprise teams by totally dominating on defense. Were I any of the other NFC teams, I'd pray that neither team makes the playoffs, which of course won't happen.

Does anyone think the Vikings will continue the winning streak by beating the Steelers?

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: December 13, 2005, 10:06:10 AM

Does anyone think the Vikings will continue the winning streak by beating the Steelers?

I certainly hope not.  I went into the game Sunday assuming that Pittsburgh home field advantage plus desperation would give them the win.  What scared me is two things:  With flaws in the run defense exposed (although a majority of it was shitty tackling - Why they were trying to wrap Bettis up at the shoulder pads is beyond me), playing Atlanta this week will be a huge test.  I have no idea how they will bounce back from taking such a beating.  Also, the way they got shoved backwards at the line of scrimmage due to the inclement weather makes me wonder if they've really thought about what a home playoff game in Chicago will be like in January.  Hard to fire out of a sprinter's stance from the DE spot when your feet slide back in the mud at every snap.
WayAbvPar

Reply #330 on: December 19, 2005, 09:25:15 AM

So, I find out Sunday morning that Domanick Davis isn't going to play. Of course, due to the Saturday games, it is too late for me to do anything about it. Fast forward to this morning, where I see that I will lose my playoff game by .45 points.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

That is all for now.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #331 on: December 19, 2005, 09:31:43 AM

My 5th place pwnage was huge. I wish I would've put up numbers like that last week.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #332 on: December 19, 2005, 09:42:13 AM

Oh.. I made it into the playoffs.  Fuck, I should have paid attention but starting a new job had me frazzled.  Oh well, 6th is far better than I expected to do.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #333 on: December 19, 2005, 09:48:10 AM

Welp I was fairly accurate in my predictions.

Things I got wrong:

Giants beat Chiefs, god that game sucked it woudln't have mattered who won neither of these teams will make a championship game.  Fucking sloppy, ugly, game where both teams should have been playing with full intensity.  Tiki Barber pisses me off, Eli Manning makes me sick with his stupid sounding voice and Shockey can die in a fire for all I care...

Chargers got the Colts, good for them, too bad it will still take a xmas miracle to make the playoffs, the Chargers are a scary good team but they have an aversion to winning games.  I mean that fiasco in Miami?  The Eagles game?  Cowboys?  Jesus I feel bad for LT putting his body through all that, putting up those numbers and somehow they find a way to loose.  But hot damn did that kid from Maryland put the fear of god in Payton Manning?  So help me if the AFC Championship is Indy vrs the Pats I'm going to cry, because I could see the Colts loosing again.  Payton Manning = Kurt Warner with much more intelligence.

I thought Denver was going to get upset, more accurately I was hoping Denver might get upset.  It was a silly pick but Cincy needs that #2 seed damn it!

Other then that I was flawless, updates to come next week.

-William Gibson
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: December 19, 2005, 10:45:10 AM

Way, I owe you one, buddy.  If the Bears make it to Seattle for the NFC championship game, I will probably have to make the trip up, and I'll buy you a beer or three.

I never would have believed that was even possible until Rex came in the game last night.  He was a little rusty, but he converted his first 3 3rd down throws and led them to 10 points on his first 2 drives.  And they should start getting their injured starters back next week in Green Bay.

And Hoax, by "flawless", do you still think TB is going to the NFC championship after that whooping on Saturday?  Just one game against a resurgent team, but that was ugly.
WayAbvPar

Reply #335 on: December 19, 2005, 10:54:40 AM

Way, I owe you one, buddy.  If the Bears make it to Seattle for the NFC championship game, I will probably have to make the trip up, and I'll buy you a beer or three.

Sounds like a plan. Before last night, I wouldn't have given the Bears much of a chance in the playoffs with the way their offense was going. With Grossman, they are definitely a bit more dangerous, which is all they need with that beastly defense. Hopefully the Hawks will seal home field next week- I doubt Indy is going to play many of their stars now that the undefeated season is gone.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #336 on: December 19, 2005, 12:15:07 PM

And Hoax, by "flawless", do you still think TB is going to the NFC championship after that whooping on Saturday?  Just one game against a resurgent team, but that was ugly.

I only posted what I got wrong, you dont see the Bucs vrs Pats game there because I saw that comming.  I wasn't expecting quite that level of a smackdown but there was no way the bucs would beat the pats.

a) Brady -despite being a tool- doesn't make many mistakes, and Dillon doesn't fumble the ball often.
b) It never gets cold in Florida (at least to my knowledge, I try to stay away from America's Wang)
c) Chris Simms, as Steve Young pointed out, lacks mental toughness.

The thing is, the Bucs dont have the play that kind of defense in the NFC untill they face the Bears or Redskins.  Carolina's defense is good, but I believe that Cadillac could go off on them and I think I even said that I found that to be a far-fetched pick.  Let me say, I expect one of those NFC South teams in the Championship game, depending on who is ready to play come playoff time.

-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #337 on: December 19, 2005, 01:16:04 PM

I watched the Indy game. I was astounded. This is about the 7th or 8th Indy game I've seen this year, and the only time I've seen them play as badly as they did in the 1st half and the 4th quarter was in the first half of the Rams game. The Chargers just plain outplayed them. The Colts O Line was getting WORKED. I think that's what really made the pressure they tried to put on Manning work... the Chargers D line and linebackers were just so fucking fast. I don't think most of the Colts' O Line had seen D that fast all year. They totally shut down the Edge, which is when I started to worry. Indy abandoned the run way too early, and just plain looked sloppy. They looked mortal. It wasn't until the 3rd quarter that they got the swagger back, and they gave it up again in the 4th.

Meanwhile, the Skins just flap cockslapped the Cowboys. That game was just ugly (unless you hate the 'Boys like I do). IF Dallas makes the playoffs, I expect another first round exit.

Carolina beating New Orleans was a boring game that I started to fall asleep in. The Giants/Chiefs game was fun to watch. The Chiefs safeties should all be shot; they just plain suck at covering the deep stuff, or really anything over the middle of the field. And I have never seen such shitty tackling. The Chiefs couldn't have tackled me on Saturday.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #338 on: December 19, 2005, 02:42:55 PM

Everything went wrong for me this weekend in the NFL. No offense to Murg's First Losers, but I could beat 83 points any week unless the chips fell exactly as they did. Peyton's offense stumbles, Seattle's defense craps out against of all teams the TITANS, and Santana Moss/Warrick Dunn/Lamont Jordan can't find the endzone in games with enough points to warrant better numbers. It's a good thing I lost though since Manning would be sitting out the next game anyway with that loss, and I'd have no QB support in the final match.

Oh and to cap it off, Atlanta shoots themselves in the foot, and the Cowboys played like shit. Both teams I like. Thanks NFL, you just convinced me that the playoffs are going to be useless for me this year.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: December 20, 2005, 06:02:03 AM

Everything went wrong for me this weekend in the NFL. No offense to Murg's First Losers, but I could beat 83 points any week unless the chips fell exactly as they did.

83.95 there buddy.  Seriously, that may be my record low for the season also, I've posted a few in the 130 to 150 range.  Fortunately for me it worked out that my big crap week just so happened to occur when Peyton decided he really doesn't like to play football that much anyway.

I've generally been pretty good at not leaving a lot of points on the bench this season but obviously I'm going to have to have some standout performances this weekend to have a chance.  Who are the agrophobes anyway?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #340 on: December 20, 2005, 08:37:12 AM

I'm so glad I didn't watch the Packers game last night, and chose to watch the Minnesota Wild pull one out in Hockey instead. It sounded to me like not only did Favre embarrass himself, but the team gave up on Favre, Sherman and the entire game of football. Shit, I knew their D was bad, but goddamn. 48 FUCKING POINTS FROM BALTIMORE AND KYLE "OH GOD MY LEG" BOLLER? WHAT THE FUCK? Ahmad Carroll, you suck. Stick to kickoff returns, because you couldn't cover me in crutches. Someone should tie his hands before he goes out on the field, because he either uses them to much or forgets he has them at all. FUCKING CLUELESS TWATBAG.

At this point, if I were Sherman, I'd start playing the last two games like they were preseason. Start Favre, let him play a half, then give it to Aaron Rodgers. Because God knows they aren't going to do shit the rest of this season and Favre's going to retire at some point. If Green Bay field a team as sorry as this next year, Favre should tell Ted Thompson and Mike Sherman to stick in their stupid asses. That team is a goddamn embarrassment.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #341 on: December 20, 2005, 08:53:40 AM

Who are the agrophobes anyway?

Sauced.

Watching the Packers game was painful.  Brett played like a jackass (here's a hint you fellatio happy announcers, FAVRE'S FUCKING IT UP, QUIT PRAISING HIM).  Randomly heaving the ball into the air anytime a defender breathes on you is not brilliance. And quite simply, the team just looked like they gave up.  Getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and you can't even give it your all.  Pathetic.

-Rasix
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #342 on: December 20, 2005, 09:46:00 AM

I can't watch the Packers play anymore, it makes me sad.  Favre is the last of my childhood's quarterbacks.  I didn't realize how much it meant to me that he was still playing untill this season when I realized it was time for him to stop.  I will never blame him, but jesus he just doesn't look the same, I know they have no running game no recievers no line no defense but still he should have been able to eek out 8 wins.  He's fucking Brett Favre damn it.

Next season will be the first time in who knows how long that the packers dont even have one monday night game.

-William Gibson
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: December 21, 2005, 06:06:46 AM

Hmm,

Drew Brees, obvious start.
Tory Holt at SF?  Ok, thats a definate start.
Corey Dillon at NYJ? Monday night - start.
Chris Chambers hasn't let me down yet so hes a starter.

Now the not so obvious part:
Jimmy Smith at Houston
or
Ricky Williams at Ten (If Brown sits and he starts, could be HUGE or could be nothing)
or
Joey Galloway on a career best year at Atl (this is iffy, really, I imagine they are going to run, run, run)

and

And Philly def at Arizona or the NYG?

Any opinions?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #344 on: December 21, 2005, 07:49:13 AM

Don't even consider Rickey Williams. I'd be more likely to start Galloway than Smith simply because he's been Tampa's pass offense pretty much exclusively. Amazingly enough, I'd go with the Philly D at Arizona. No Kurt Warner, a shitty offensive line, no run game to speak of, you're almost guaranteed to give up less than 14 points, get an INT or two, and a few sacks with all the blitzes Philly runs. NYG against the Redskins is a crap shoot. The Redskins could run all over the Giants, and then drop a few deep ones to Santana Moss. Of course, the Giants defensive backfield is better than the Cowboys' but still.

WayAbvPar

Reply #345 on: December 22, 2005, 11:33:09 AM

The Sports Guy's Quote of the Day

"Wells Fargo will contribute $5,000 to the 49ers Foundation to help undeserved youth in the Bay Area for every 49er touchdown scored this season. (Pause) There's going to be a lot of sad kids." -- Joe Starkey, 49ers radio broadcaster

You know things are going bad when your own broadcasters are taking shots at you!

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: December 28, 2005, 12:26:14 PM

Yay for me!

If it makes you feel better Murgos, I lost my office league finals 120 to 50, and it cost me $100.

Thanks for the fun season, gang.
WayAbvPar

Reply #347 on: December 28, 2005, 03:14:25 PM

.45 points. Bastard! evil

Congrats, and enjoy your reign as champ- I am coming for you next year!

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #348 on: December 30, 2005, 01:01:20 PM

Congrats, Sauced.

I have never played WoW.
schild
Administrator

Reply #349 on: December 31, 2005, 03:26:31 AM

Grats Sauced. I know nothing about football other than some people here taking it more seriously than I take games.  smiley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo Football League  
Jump to: