Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Targa Images 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Targa Images  (Read 4278 times)
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

on: April 27, 2004, 11:22:38 PM

The other night people were complaining on TS about the Targa file format that CoH uses.  Some reasons were given, the ones I feel most apply are that a) it's very simple, and b) no royalties.

Apparently they've managed to do something odd with it, because tho I've used .tga files for inputting textures into my own graphics programs before, and used Paint Shop Pro 5 to edit them, PSP5 chokes on the screenshots.

However, IrfanView works great for viewing and converting them, and is freeware.

--
Alkiera

EDIT: 'cause bbcode is Hard.

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 11:24:25 PM

Adobe Photoshop CS isn't freeware? OH NOES!
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 11:37:50 PM

Quote from: schild
Adobe Photoshop CS isn't freeware? OH NOES!

Quote from: Adobe Website
Adobe Store price
US$649.00 Full

That'd be a 'No'.  I'm not one to nitpic over such things, I've plenty of cracked/copied/etc software on my machine, some that I even use regularly, like the aforementioned PSP5.

Some people do, however, have scruples, or prefer to use freeware when possible.  Thus, I posted a freeware solution.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 11:49:22 PM

Whoa. I was joking. I have a student copy. Yeowch, I guess I got pwnzered.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 12:25:36 AM

Yeah, Paint Shop Pro and Gimp can't deal with whatever CoH is putting in those files.  I don't have Photoshop, so I ended up using the Quicktime Picture Viewer to open them, then pasting them into PSP.  I don't have a problem per se with using the Targa format - DAOC did the same - but I wish they'd fix their TGA export so it wrote kosher files.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 07:23:22 AM

hummm I opend em right up in PsP5 on my pc..... boggle.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 07:43:49 AM

Maybe they fixed it?  I haven't tried since beta...
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 11:11:09 AM

I use another freeware app called Futuris Imager.  Works like a charm, though it's less a paint program and more an image displayer and converter.

DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 11:14:23 AM

Those were in beta. I had to leak info to special people I know :P

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Targa Images  
Jump to: