Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:36:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola.  (Read 20522 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #105 on: July 19, 2005, 12:00:12 PM

Not to mention their draconian 'No shirt, No shoes, no dice" policy. Where else will the white trash get their Miracle Whip and their Winstons?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #106 on: July 19, 2005, 12:20:38 PM

So that's pretty much every other supplier on the planet?

Almost. ;-)

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #107 on: July 19, 2005, 01:03:19 PM

Fuck that shit, why does Walmart even exist?

Because Target has a long standing rule of "no beating your children in the isles"?

Like Cuba or the Virgin Isles?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #108 on: July 19, 2005, 01:14:18 PM

<mr hat>You go to hell. You go to hell and you die! </mr hat>  Cthulu

Damn nitpicking writers.

-Rasix
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #109 on: July 19, 2005, 01:39:20 PM

<mr hat>You go to hell. You go to hell and you die! </mr hat>  Cthulu

Damn nitpicking writers.

I had to restrain myself to not point that out.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: July 19, 2005, 01:44:09 PM

Fuck that shit, why does Walmart even exist?

For the stockholders!  Hello Kitty

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: July 25, 2005, 12:06:01 PM

Diet Coke has caffiene, doesn't caffiene dehydrate you?

Yes, but the caffeine levels are low enough that you still get more water than you lose.

http://www.ific.org/foodinsight/2002/ja/caffdehydnbfi402.cfm
WayAbvPar

Reply #112 on: July 25, 2005, 01:19:05 PM

water, when consumed in large volume, increases urine output

It is also wet.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #113 on: July 25, 2005, 02:04:54 PM

I just had Coke Zero. It's nice!

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: July 25, 2005, 02:16:17 PM

Phooey, try room temperature Diet Coke :)

No, it's not super-wonderful or anything, but I can almost guarantee nobody will swipe your stash. 

...Seriously, that's why I got into the habit of not refrigerating it.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #115 on: July 25, 2005, 02:22:00 PM

Poly, you are a truly perverse human being.  Congrats.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #116 on: July 25, 2005, 02:33:46 PM

My friend drinks warm TaB, which I was shocked was even on the shelves anymore.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #117 on: July 25, 2005, 02:52:31 PM

My friend drinks warm TaB, which I was shocked was even on the shelves anymore.

*Wishes that I could find a picture of this man with his favorite soda*
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #118 on: July 25, 2005, 02:54:13 PM

Is that you?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #119 on: July 25, 2005, 02:56:51 PM

It's Bob Goldthwait. Highly caffientated standup comedian (at least he was in the 80's).

I look nothing like that. If I posted pictures of myself, the lawyers here would begin to stalk me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #120 on: July 25, 2005, 02:58:55 PM

Bobcat is married to Nikki Cox. Whom I have fair reason to believe is a fembot.
WayAbvPar

Reply #121 on: July 25, 2005, 03:38:25 PM

It's Bob Goldthwait. Highly caffientated standup comedian (at least he was in the 80's).

I look nothing like that. If I posted pictures of myself, the lawyers here would begin to stalk me.

That is an interesting angle. I think he and Robin Williams shared an vacation home in Cartagena, if you get my drift.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #122 on: July 25, 2005, 04:03:42 PM

Ah yes...Forgot about that.

Besides that though, there wasn't one act back then that Bob didn't mention Tab.

Bobcat – I need a Tab! I was promised full beverage service!

Bobcat - This has the exact same ingredients as a battery.

Bob ponders doing a Tab commercial.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: July 25, 2005, 04:26:02 PM

You worry so much over artificial sweetners and caffeine all the while missing the worse killer chemical of all human existence, Dihydrogen Monoxide.  Some of the more knowledgeable of you also know it as:
Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide

Or simply Hydric acid

Every day all of you do absolutely nothing to protect yourself, permit friends and family (children!) to expose themselves, and support politicians who routinely permit the more pernicious aspects of this chemical additive to permeate our lives and impregnate our culture.  For shame, f13 Community... for shame.

I blame religion.  But in the interests of public service I share with you this Quick Informational Reference:

What are some of the dangers associated with DHMO?
Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:
  • Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
  • Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
  • Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
  • DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
  • Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
  • Contributes to soil erosion.
  • Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
  • Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
  • Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
  • Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere.
  • Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

WayAbvPar

Reply #124 on: July 25, 2005, 04:35:01 PM

Jesus, I hope Bush doesn't see this. We will have a "Not A Drop Left Behind" Act in nothing flat.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #125 on: July 25, 2005, 04:35:30 PM

Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:
It's also a (the) universal solvent -- able to dissolve both acids and bases.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #126 on: July 25, 2005, 04:37:35 PM

Shame on me? I'm just an innocent water and wine drinking kind of guy....Here to celebrate Bob Goldthwait.

I'll have a soda every once in a while and all that, but I'm not too crazy about it. Still, acting like it's something that's going to destroy the fabric of our culture is a little too Mary Baker Eddy for me.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #127 on: July 25, 2005, 04:48:43 PM

And another goes down to Signe's "Is that XXX" joke.

Anywho, Bobcat being married to Nikki Coxx is a travesty.  It's even worse that he picked her up on the "Unhappily Ever After" set.  I take solace in the fact that  he looks like absolute shit, as anyone who's seen the CSI where he was on can attest.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #128 on: July 25, 2005, 05:00:09 PM

But he's funny as hell.....And hated by many for putting a flame to Jay Leno's couch.

That counts for something, doesn't it?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #129 on: July 25, 2005, 05:08:05 PM

Hmm. I thought Penn & Teller came up with the dihydrogen monoxide bit on their own. Bastards (unless the website is ripping them off).
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #130 on: July 25, 2005, 08:53:35 PM

Na, its been around in science nerd circles since at least the 70s, since one of my profs remembers it from when he was a lowly undergrad.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #131 on: July 25, 2005, 09:22:35 PM

Scientists are always finding a way to tell me something is killing me. At this point, even if they are right, if they don't have a current fix, I'm not interested. And, "stop using/eating/taking this" without a viable substitute fails that test.

schild
Administrator

Reply #132 on: July 25, 2005, 09:34:33 PM

I especially hate those scientists who come up to me at breakfast and remind me that butter is better than the alternatives...again. They're like the Jehovah's Witnesses of rundown dirty diners. Assholes.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #133 on: July 25, 2005, 10:48:44 PM

I especially hate those scientists who come up to me at breakfast and remind me that butter is better than the alternatives...again. They're like the Jehovah's Witnesses of rundown dirty diners. Assholes.

Wow, never had that one happen. Here's hoping  cheesy
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: July 26, 2005, 12:48:58 AM

Scientists are always finding a way to tell me something is killing me. At this point, even if they are right, if they don't have a current fix, I'm not interested. And, "stop using/eating/taking this" without a viable substitute fails that test.

Just point out that the number one cause of death is life.  Hey, statistics don't lie, or something...

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #135 on: July 26, 2005, 03:24:35 AM

Bobcat is married to Nikki Cox. Whom I have fair reason to believe is a fembot.

I don't care, she is unfairly hot, and for this I feel slightly...slighted.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: July 26, 2005, 04:54:21 AM

Just point out that the number one cause of death is life.  Hey, statistics don't lie, or something...

Well speaking from a statistic point of view, death is surely not a certainty.

More than half the humans ever born on this planet in the entire history of homo sapiens is still very much alive today (speaking in absolute numbers counting every birth and every death) - this could be interpreted to mean that your chance of ever dying is less than 50%... or something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #137 on: July 26, 2005, 04:57:14 AM

There are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: July 26, 2005, 08:02:35 AM

Well speaking from a statistic point of view, death is surely not a certainty.

More than half the humans ever born on this planet in the entire history of homo sapiens is still very much alive today (speaking in absolute numbers counting every birth and every death) - this could be interpreted to mean that your chance of ever dying is less than 50%... or something.

Yeah, but you could classify life as a terminal disease, since every case to date has ended in death, couldn't you?

It's all how you care to spin the numbers...

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #139 on: July 26, 2005, 08:43:47 AM

I say we ban cars. Just had another senior citizen plow into a building last week.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola.  
Jump to: