Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola.  (Read 20533 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005, 09:10:29 PM

Considering I live in Atlanta, I probably should have had this Coke Zero thing by now, but perhaps they released it during my sabbatical. Was this like a recent thing?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Kairos
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 10:42:04 PM

Considering I live in Atlanta, I probably should have had this Coke Zero thing by now, but perhaps they released it during my sabbatical. Was this like a recent thing?

It was released last month.

It's surprisingly good, I think. It's the best diet soda on the market.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37 on: July 11, 2005, 11:47:43 PM

How about you all just drink a fucking regular coke and quit being pussies about the calories?  At least sugar won't be banned by the FDA five years from now after they discover it makes babies grow tentacles.
Coca-Cola Classic doesn't have sugar. It has high-fructose corn syrup. I'd love some good ol' sugar Coca-Cola.
If you can find some Passover Coca-Cola (probably have to wait till next year, though) it's made with beet sugar and/or cane sugar (check the label, it varies from bottler to bottler).

EDIT -- according to the Wiki, Coke Zero has a blend of aspartame and some other ingredient.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coke_Zero
That sounds interesting. I hate the aftertaste of aspartame and saccharine and avoid diet drinks like the Plague but I'll have to give that stuff a try.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: July 12, 2005, 08:01:28 AM

How about you all just drink a fucking regular coke and quit being pussies about the calories?  At least sugar won't be banned by the FDA five years from now after they discover it makes babies grow tentacles.

The combo of high fructose corn syrup, caffeine and carbonation is hell on both my digestive tract and my urinary tract, including the all-important prostate that I'm sure will one day grow cancerous and kill me. You'll have to forgive my pussification, since I choose comfort over an upset stomach and fire-spewing bladder.

Bitch.

ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 12, 2005, 09:26:53 AM

Coca-Cola Classic doesn't have sugar. It has high-fructose corn syrup. I'd love some good ol' sugar Coca-Cola.

Get some Dr. Pepper from the Dublin Dr. Pepper bottling plant. They still use cane sugar in the drink.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #40 on: July 12, 2005, 09:54:26 AM

I thought I was the only one who missed 'true' classic coke.  Maybe it's just because everyone else around here likes Pepsi.   Schild, you think Coke is too sweet.. man I can't imagine what Pepsi would do to you.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 12, 2005, 10:34:47 AM

Pepsi comes across as sickly-sweet salty.  Can't stand it.  Sucked when I worked for their old Foods Systems company.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #42 on: July 12, 2005, 11:37:11 AM

Pepsi is the choice of a new generation. Which is why the future is fucked.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #43 on: July 12, 2005, 11:52:11 AM

Pepsi is the choice of a new generation. Which is why the future is fucked.

Brilliant!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #44 on: July 12, 2005, 12:31:01 PM

That's fantastic, Haemish.  I need a bumper sticker that says just that.

I've never checked this, but I've heard several times that the sugar content & mix of Pepsi is the same as semen. Puts that 'sweet/salty' taste poco notices, in a whole new light.

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 12, 2005, 12:41:49 PM

Excuse me but I must retch now.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #46 on: July 12, 2005, 12:43:30 PM

I've never checked this, but I've heard several times that the sugar content & mix of Pepsi is the same as semen. Puts that 'sweet/salty' taste poco notices, in a whole new light.

Kinda makes you wonder what the mix of Mountain Dew resembles...

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005, 12:48:28 PM

Antifreeze... or so the same rumors would have you believe.  That one's definatly not believable, though, since food colorings are somewhat different from industrial dyes.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #48 on: July 12, 2005, 01:20:18 PM

Um, AMBROSIA?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #49 on: July 12, 2005, 02:52:19 PM

A thread comes along that I might know something about, and I am too busy keeping The Machine running to post.  Looks like you have it covered, though.  The commercial reminds me of two things: the Final Fantasy IX commerical and how the US commericals suck ass.

C2 is/was pretty much half Diet Coke and half regular, near as I could tell.  Other than using the Atlanta Falcons color scheme, it was mostly useless.  Coke Zero tastes almost exactly like regular.  Doesn't matter too much to me, I stick to Dasani.

If you want some cane-sugar Coke, just go to Mexico.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #50 on: July 12, 2005, 07:47:54 PM

Two things.  First:

How the fuck is it any of you people can stand diet soda?  In any form (I haven't tried Coke Zero yet, so I guess I'll hold judgment).  Diet coke is the worst fucking liquid I have ever tasted.  I was riding with a friend out in the hills one time when his truck completely died.  We had to walk back 5 miles over hilly terrain in 105 degree weather.  When we finally made it back to the shack on the ranch that had a phone, I was dieing of thirst.  Fairly certain dehydration was setting in.  There was no water or anything at the shack, but half a case of Diet Coke left.  I tried to drink it, but even then, I COULD NOT.  I managed to get two mouth fulls down before the flavor had me retching.  I ended up waiting another hour with my mouth feeling like it was full of ashes, before my step dad could drive out and pick us up, before I drank something real.  For fucks sake, it’s horrible.

Second:
Coke sucks.  There’s a reason it’s used as the base to mix with everything.  It tastes like shit on its own.  Drink Pepsi.

More seriously on the Coke/Pepsi issue, I actually don't mind Coke (I'm a fan of Cola in general), but I have always thought Pepsi was far superior to coke.  Coke tastes way too syrupy.  Feels like it coats your teeth with gunk.  Pepsi always seemed to have a much more crisp and clean flavor to me.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #51 on: July 12, 2005, 07:52:18 PM

Colas suck.

Lemon Lime, bitches!

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Strazos

Reply #52 on: July 12, 2005, 08:36:29 PM

Story

I'm telling you...Coke Light is different...it's the Shiznite.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #53 on: July 12, 2005, 08:40:24 PM

Always refreshing, always Fresca.
Strazos

Reply #54 on: July 12, 2005, 08:57:27 PM

Wanta Fanta, Dontcha Wanta?

Fear the Backstab!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #55 on: July 12, 2005, 09:07:08 PM

Fanta = Nazi Coca Cola

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #56 on: July 12, 2005, 09:27:33 PM

Story

I'm telling you...Coke Light is different...it's the Shiznite.

According to the same wiki I linked above, and according to the Coke sites I've found that discuss Coke Lite, it is literally Diet Coke with a different name.  Don't feel bad, I tried Budweiser in Ireland and was convinced it was of better quality than domestic Bud. 

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #57 on: July 12, 2005, 09:32:29 PM

I think at some point we addressed semen and cola. This thread is over.

Strazos

Reply #58 on: July 13, 2005, 05:36:35 AM

Well, Wiki is wrong, because I tried a Diet back here the day I got back....and it IS different.

...The difference Could be due to the fact that the Coke Light I had was usually from a glass bottle, but the Diet was from a plastic bottle.

Fear the Backstab!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #59 on: July 13, 2005, 07:25:52 AM

Well, Wiki is wrong, because I tried a Diet back here the day I got back....and it IS different.

...The difference Could be due to the fact that the Coke Light I had was usually from a glass bottle, but the Diet was from a plastic bottle.

My experience with the Coke Light was that it was just about the exact same as Diet Coke.

But I did sort of account for the plastic v. glass aspect as well.  It's why I go to the Mexican grocery store down the street to buy Coke in glass bottles.  Not only is it the oh so kickass cane sugar version, but it's in a glass bottle.  Glass > plastic > cans.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #60 on: July 13, 2005, 09:19:56 AM

Coke in green glass bottles is really the only proper way to drink the stuff. Preferably just cold enough that ice crystals are forming on the bottle. Beer is the same way. I refuse to drink beer in a can, because that shit is just nasty.

Seriously, though, Diet Coke is the devil's urine. Coke Zero tastes nothing like it.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #61 on: July 13, 2005, 09:41:42 AM

I think 5% of the fluid running through my body is Diet Coke.   I used to be an avid "NO DIET, NEVER" Coke drinker, but after years of sharing sodas with my wife, drinking her Diet Coke in the fridge, and generally starting to dislike the overly syrupy taste of Coke Classic, I transformed. 

I don't really like sodas as a rule now (prefer iced tea, lemonade, etc), but it's one of the very few that I'll drink nowadays.  That and Diet Dr. Pepper.  I do get blood curdling stares from fat chicks whenever I order a Diet Coke being rail thin and all.

-Rasix
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #62 on: July 13, 2005, 10:02:56 AM

I like soda from time to time only because of the "fizz and the burn". As far as I'm concerned, that's even more important than what a soda tastes like. The only reason why I prefer Coke and 7 Up to Pepsi and Mountain Dew is because the latter two are sugared down and flat.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #63 on: July 13, 2005, 10:13:29 AM

I drink Fiji water.  It's the best.  I might move to Fiji because of the water.  They don't make bubbly Fiji water but if they did I would be all over it. 

You lot will argue anything but you can't argue Fiji water.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
WayAbvPar

Reply #64 on: July 13, 2005, 11:18:39 AM

Fiji is surrounded by water- there is an inexhaustible supply!

I am addicted to this-

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #65 on: July 13, 2005, 11:37:48 AM

Coca-Cola manufactures Fresca and Fanta.  Dr. Pepper is Schweppes in North America, but Coca-Cola in most other places.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #66 on: July 15, 2005, 12:21:17 AM

I'm drinking some Coke Zero as I write this. Still has the artificial sweetner taste to it but there's no strong artificial sweetner aftertaste. It's better than Diet Coke from what I recall but I still wouldn't drink it normally.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 15, 2005, 01:56:50 AM

Coke Light is exactly the same as Diet Coke... Europeans just aren't stupid enough to fall for a cola with the word diet in its name.
(or light just holds the place on sugar free consumer products that diet does in the States... low on fat is also called light, just to confuse things)

And there's no reason to drink bottled water ever. Unless you live in Mexico or some other shithole without clean drinking water - it's just tap water with a nice label and a 10.000% markup.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #68 on: July 15, 2005, 07:10:01 AM

And there's no reason to drink bottled water ever. Unless you live in Mexico or some other shithole without clean drinking water - it's just tap water with a nice label and a 10.000% markup.

More that 10% for Dasani.  But I get it for free.  At home, though?  Tap water.  It should be noted that Dasani does not claim to be distilled or anything, but it is certainly manufactured.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #69 on: July 15, 2005, 07:48:15 AM

My fiancee drinks "filtered" water here at home.  It's run thru a Brita.  Just to prove a point, I haven't changed the filter in a looong time and it still tastes the same to her.  I am now convinced that thing is a placebo.

She also prefers diet coke to coke zero.  But then again, she used to be a white sox fan.

Oh, and this emoticon  Hello Kitty scares the crap outta me.  At least add the Cthulu kitty one if you're gonna have that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Always refreshing, always Coca-Cola.  
Jump to: