Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Interview with Daniel James 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interview with Daniel James  (Read 4291 times)
schild
Administrator

on: July 06, 2005, 09:45:22 AM

Daniel James is the co-founder of Three Rings and Lead on Puzzle Pirates. If you have any questions that weren't answered in the interview, I'd be happy to shoot them off.  Rock Out

Clickity click.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 12:40:44 PM

Good interview.

I'm interested to hear more about the new game they're working on. Being an alpha tester and lifetime subscriber to PP, I can't say enough good things about it. If you're ever on the Midnight Ocean, keep your eyes peeled for Crusty the Pirate. I'm around now and then. Keep up the good work Cleaver and Co. I'll be looking forward to me new shack. ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 11:52:06 PM

Are there any plans to add PvP to Puzzle Pirates?
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 11:53:02 PM

Many puzzles are already PvP. Sword fighting and ship combat being the most notable.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 12:32:19 AM

Many puzzles are already PvP. Sword fighting and ship combat being the most notable.
Oh okay I never got that far when I played the Trial -- I only fought against computer controlled ships.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 12:24:12 AM

I heard Puzzle Pirates was done in all Java. I would be curious to hear what they thought of that in general. (How it worked out, what the challenges were, why they decided to do that in the first place)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 04:56:58 AM

I heard Puzzle Pirates was done in all Java. I would be curious to hear what they thought of that in general. (How it worked out, what the challenges were, why they decided to do that in the first place)

You should check out Game Gardens. Three Rings recently started it and it's pretty damn neat. Essentially, they have given a game development SDK (Java, of course) to people interested in it and you can develop your own game and have it hosted on Game Gardens.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Gong
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 12:14:46 PM

I started playing the game a couple of weeks ago due to the review that Koboshi did here - it's a very cool game. After my trial was up, I made sure to subscribe!

I can definitely see what Daniel meant in the interview, about the game being a detox of sorts. Having played practically every MMO under the sun, and leaving most of them in bitter disgust , Puzzle Pirates really hits the spot. It's not something I have to spend a ton of time playing to enjoy, and it's great to have the emphasis be on how good I am as a player - not how many times I performed some arbitrary task to improve my character.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Interview with Daniel James  
Jump to: