Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:34:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: task force plan? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: task force plan?  (Read 4454 times)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

on: April 27, 2004, 09:14:07 AM

All I've heard back from NCSoft is that last night's issue is "known" and it's being "worked on."

Anyone else hear anything?  And do we want to try again?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 09:51:34 AM

What was the issue? Was it the one about only the task force leader getting the reward?

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 09:54:11 AM

I too tried doing a task force mission yesterday, and after about 10-12 hours, and I think about 10 or 11 missions or so, we got to a point where the contact wouldn't give us any missions but the TF wasn't over.  We got the same response from support about the issue being known.  No info on if we should quit the task force or not.  All in all everyone was pretty pissed.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 11:14:30 AM

Yep, same for us.

Positron sent us to another NPC who had nothing for us.

If you quit the TF and rejoin, they just give you the first mission all over again.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 11:16:51 AM

Sounds like someone needs to lay some smack down on Positron.

I'll pull.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 11:39:15 AM

The thing that's really a pain though if I stay in the TF and just wait and hope they do something to fix it, I'll be unable to join another group, or do any other missions until this gets fixed.  If this is a known issue, task forces should have been disabled until they're fixed.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 12:16:29 PM

I have a question on task forces.  How do they handle higher levels on task forces?  Can you outlevel a taskforce?  If everyone catasses and then someone hits 14 when the others are 20 are they SOL?

I would hope not because there are so many different task force missions available depending on both origin and starting zone (should be 10 per level range).  And I know I will want to do mine because it will continue the story arc I am on.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 12:44:49 PM

I believe you can outlevel task force missions but I think it is fairly tolerant on the high end. Also I believe it goes by the level of the leader as to if the missions offered. At least in beta as long as the leader was in the level range higher levels could join even if they would normally be outside the range.

I am not sure if that was a bug or now taskforces were probably one of the few things that could have used a bit more testing.

Kaid
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 12:47:19 PM

So is anyone up for trying to start a different task force arc tonight or tomorrow?

Odds are that with the launch day people flooding in, we'd all be better off inside instances the whole time anyway.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 01:09:13 PM

Now that I am level 10 I would gladly join the task force and carry all your deaths upon my shoulders.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 01:15:21 PM

I'd rather not do the Positron ones again, just in case they're still bugged.

Does anyone know of another lv 10 task force mission contact?

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 02:37:38 PM

Taskforce missions currently are a chain each in its own level bracket. The positron one is the first in the series and it is the lowest level one. THe next one I think requires you to be all level 15 in sky city.

kaid
Kyper
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 04:39:40 PM

Yeah.  I think Positron TF missions are the only TF mission for levels 10-15.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 04:46:23 PM

Correct. A trophy for the Kyper!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: task force plan?  
Jump to: