Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:38:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Splitpaw Saga - how instancing is supposed to work 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Splitpaw Saga - how instancing is supposed to work  (Read 2547 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

on: July 06, 2005, 09:40:04 AM

Nailed it. That's what SOE did with the latest adventure pack (and they should have at $7.99 - included with Station Access.) I hesitantly suggest that this adventure pack is worth re-subbing for. It scales very well based on solo or group. The loot in interesting. The gnolls look cool. The caves look cool.

Maybe it is just relief at something new to do in EQ2.

I have never played WoW.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 10:11:12 AM

Why the hell are you playing EQ2?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 10:43:25 AM

There are some really freaking odd but interesting instances in splitpaw. The whole harclavs (god mode) adventure is really wild. I found out the hard way if you are a cloth caster no matter how buffed you are get enough groups of heroic mobs on you and you can still die.

They did a good job on it and its pretty fun.

kaid
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 06:31:20 AM

I second the Harclave instance. Although I imagine it will be nerfed soon.

Like Kaid said, once you complete the quest it basically puts up in God Mode. The buff is a +5000ish hp & power +1000 pre tick regen, damage shield, and melee proc. I've been doing the instance with my 43 Swashbuckler and soloing level 51&52 heroic encounters. If I do the instance with vitality I gain about 40% exp during a 1.5 - 2 hour clear. As well as anywhere from 20-50g.

My level 22 Conjurerer usually gains a full level each clear.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 12:10:50 PM

So wait, they actually let you LEVEL off the Godmode Instance?  WTF?  I take it every single player anywhere near the level requirement is doing that and nothing else.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 12:13:29 PM

So wait, they actually let you LEVEL off the Godmode Instance?  WTF?  I take it every single player anywhere near the level requirement is doing that and nothing else.

Well there really is no level requirement other than level 20. There also is a 2.5 hour lockout on it. I'm also not sure how a class without invis would manage to do it as I sneak past all of the beginning mobs to skip straight to the uber buff.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 12:47:55 PM

Those without invis have to fight through. Certainly doable, but it is enough to make it not something one does every night.

I have never played WoW.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Splitpaw Saga - how instancing is supposed to work  
Jump to: