Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: What is wrong with you Schild? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is wrong with you Schild?  (Read 6286 times)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

on: April 27, 2004, 08:37:10 AM

I swear between beta and launch you have picked the two absolute worst chest insignias in the game for Bat country.

The swirly was just silly, but I suppose I could live with an intentionally stupid insignia.

But the line graph?  WTF?

When going through character creation with my wife, she bust out laughing at two insignias.  The bar graph and the swirly.  I kid you not.  There were others she would call lame, and all the numbers and letters got a loud "Phhhhhhtt" from her, but only those two got outright laughing out loud at their stupidity.

Her comment on the bar graph one was, "What would you name a character with that?  Nasdaq?"  I replied, "I would name him 'Dow Johnes' (intentional mispelling)".  To which she laughed again.

I also don't know what was wrong with our old colors that seemed to be mich nicer.

I don't see myself going into supergroup mode ever.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 10:27:57 AM

Its not a graph, its a richter(sp?) scale. Its for siesmic shift :p
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 10:39:27 AM

If it were me you'd all be mutants wearing the radiation symbol.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 11:20:55 AM

I don't mind wearing the Bat Country insignia at all. I don't mind showing it off to everyone who passes by.

Of course, most people don't see what's on my chest because I'm face down on the ground... DEAD.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 11:33:09 AM

Hey hey. I went through every symbol the night I made the group. IN FACT I asked everyone in the group and rambled a  bunch off. It's only a line graph if you look at it as a line graph. So, in fact, Alluvian, I think you sir, are teh bigger Loser. :)

In other news, I tried to pick 'no symbol', wasn't an option.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 11:47:15 AM

No symbol would have been the best symbol probably, oh well.

You can't really call it a richter scale, the line path is nothing at all like what that would give you.

What else is it if it isn't a line graph?  A square with a scratch in it?

We would not have this problem if they just had a darn bat symbol.

On the plus side, my chest is all one color so I can just make the symbol dissapear.

Oh, and I never called you a loser.  I just said you are lousy at picking symbols.  And I was wondering why the colors changed (not really that worried about that part though).  Not that I mind being called a loser, it is a pretty accurate statement.  I am just clearing things up  :)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 11:55:24 AM

Quote from: Alluvian
You can't really call it a richter scale, the line path is nothing at all like what that would give you.

Aren't we posh, with our richter scales and new-fangled mathematics! Oh, look at me, I'm having tea and buttered SCONES on the setee with Roger after playing croquet!

I'm actually surprised I was able to come up with a doable color combo using the red and yellow. Though from afar, it looks like I've a Japanese Zero meatball flag on my chest.

schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 11:57:56 AM

Haemish, your uhm...it's grey and maroon (the supergroup colors). Where are the yellow and red? What supergroup are you in?

Alluvian, trust me I hated EVERY single symbol option. There may be a day when we have to remake the entire group if they add a 'no symbol' or another metric fuckton of symbols. I was saying the night I picked it that whoever made all these needs to be shitcanned.
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 12:17:50 PM

I think Haemish is getting confused- he has been moonlighting at McDonald's so he can upgrade his PC.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 12:26:12 PM

I like the colors, other than the fact that the Blue Bomb is supposed to be BLUE. But still, it fits my sort of techno armor outfit. (Which I thought very fitting for a mutant. I'm going to make a Science background and dress him in a hooded baggy clothes type outfit. )

As for the symbol...well, other than some issues with Signe's boobs last night the symbol seems fine. Though I'm not sure what the "Crack" she refered to was.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 12:30:44 PM

Well, I suppose it COULD have been the smiling Jolly Rogers symbol.  I think they took abit too many liberties with the 'Jolly' part of that.

Some of the simple ones are not TOO bad.  Hell, the giant "0" would have been better than the line graph though.  Some of them are okay symbols, but I just can't imagine what kind of superhero would ever wear them.  The celtic ones are not awful, but who would have that on their chest?  There was one that was not too bad of a circle around a tree, some nice shading in it, but only for a freaking druid or "NATURE BOY".  Or maybe "The Green Piece".  Okay, that last one actually amuses me.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 01:18:07 PM

Quote from: Alluvian
Well, I suppose it COULD have been the smiling Jolly Rogers symbol.  I think they took abit too many liberties with the 'Jolly' part of that.

Some of the simple ones are not TOO bad.  Hell, the giant "0" would have been better than the line graph though.  Some of them are okay symbols, but I just can't imagine what kind of superhero would ever wear them.  The celtic ones are not awful, but who would have that on their chest?  There was one that was not too bad of a circle around a tree, some nice shading in it, but only for a freaking druid or "NATURE BOY".  Or maybe "The Green Piece".  Okay, that last one actually amuses me.

LOL. That tree is the symbol Whitesmith has on his chest. "Nature Boy Away".
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 01:51:37 PM

Sorry, the yellow color was from my original series of colors. I forgot I just replaced the black in my gloves and boots with the Bat Country red.

I'm very tired. The fry machine is broken.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 01:54:24 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
I'm very tired. The fry machine is broken.

Does that mean no McNuggets or Apple Pies as well?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 02:27:10 PM

NO NUGGETS FOR J00!

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 02:29:52 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
NO NUGGETS FOR J00!

And I thought the new waterthread was desolving into a waiste of bandwidth...
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 03:00:00 PM

Quote from: Morphiend
And I thought the new waterthread was desolving into a waiste of bandwidth...

Just trying to make up for the last couple days of dropoff.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: April 28, 2004, 08:28:18 AM

I'm too tired to waste the bandwidth on something remotely interesting.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: April 28, 2004, 08:31:12 AM

It looked like a blob with a crack in it to me, so I named it 'schild's crack'. I reckoned it was something to do with his family's long plumbing history.  

What do I know?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 30, 2004, 03:29:54 AM

I don't think it looks so bad...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: What is wrong with you Schild?  
Jump to: