Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:44:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Ive finally taken the plunge! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ive finally taken the plunge!  (Read 2845 times)
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

on: June 30, 2005, 12:14:39 AM

No MMORPGs at the moment and I have been playing a little Magic with some of the nifty Kamigawa theme decks.
So I have taken the plunge with a few bucks.  Any advice?
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 12:32:54 AM

Read some of the others posts in this forum about leagues.  They're great for new players.  Actually, I'd say just join a RELEASE LEAGUE from the Saviors release that will occur, like, tomorrow, and go on for a week. 
It's kind of like a week long tournament where you can play as many games as you want.   If you do this, remember you DON'T need to draft land and can add land for free when you make your deck.  Plus you'll get a free avatar for participating. 

DON'T trade with anyone who advertises in the casual game room or especially the new players room.  They're trying to rip you off.  Check the message board to compare high and low buy/sell prices to determine the worth of your own cards. 

Buy some tix (1 dollar each in the online store) and hit some of the Trading bots (automated trading programs) in the trading market.  Most bots have a huge selection of commons (as opposed to uncommon or rare card, you can tell by the symbol coloring), and 1 tix will get you 32 or more commons that will really help a starting collection.

I'd recommend avoiding drafting until you've basically memorized all the cards in the set.  Seriously. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 12:34:53 AM by Raging Turtle »
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 05:49:40 PM

Jain, what's your name in-game. I'll hook you up and put you in the Bat Country clan.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 02:50:24 PM

In game its CaptainRufus, yet another of my Warhammer 40K reference names. 
I used up my ticket I had extra for a couple rares with the tradebots, so thanks for the heads up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Ive finally taken the plunge!  
Jump to: